Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridgestone Driveguard Tyres. Anybody used them ?  (Read 718 times)

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
Bridgestone Driveguard Tyres. Anybody used them ?
« on: 13 October 2018, 11:47:42 »

Hi all,

Apologies for a Tyre question, but I was interested if anybody has used the new Bridgestone Driveguard tyres ?

I need to put new boots on the family bus, VW Touran TDi Sport 177 DSG (15 plate)

Touran has NO spare wheel !!! and the Bridgestone Driveguards claim to be compatible with any car with the Tyre Pressure monitoring system fitted and can be driven on (at low speed of course) to enable you to get out of trouble so sounds a useful thing, even if it was to get off the motorway and somewhere safe. 

The OEM fitted tyres are Extra Load rated (XL) and the Bridgestone Driveguard tyre also comes as an XL  flavour so it would imply I could use them on the Touran as it does have the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system fitted (and works as chirped up the other day as one of tyres was low  :y, but not by much)

The limited reviews I have seen claim sidewalls are not as severe as the standard Fun Flats, so are OK to use and does not effect handling, stiffness, suspension etc.  This seems to be the marketing hype that they are targeting, being you can fit these "Run Flats" to any car with TPS without any problems and you get the benefits they bring.

Has anybody used the Bridgestone Driveguards ?

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.