Chat Area > General Car Chat

How stable is your Omega in the rain

(1/18) > >>

Webby the Bear:
Hi guys.

I went on a boys trip paint balling and I drove the passion wagon (the omega). Other than the wheel balancing on the front (😤) the omega is stable in the dry at speed. However in the rain it felt really unstable. I am a bit of a fanny in those conditions i will concede but I dropped down to 50-55 in the slow lane and it was ok. Then there were Audi’s and BMWs bombing past at warp speed.

What’s your experience of this in the omega? Can u bomb it when it’s pouring down?

VXL V6:
Yes, but suspension, tyres and geometry all need to be spot on Imho

Andy B:
It depends on tyres .....  ;)

aaronjb:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 18 October 2018, 12:56:59 ---It depends on tyres .....  ;)

--- End quote ---

Also on gonads. And brains.

Without being there at the time, we can't really say if Webby is a bit of a wuss, or the BMW/Audi drivers are retards living on the edge of aquaplaning into a ditch.. could be either, because I've seen plenty of both when driving in the rain! ;D

Webby the Bear:
Cheers boys.

I suspect the geometry setup is out of WIM spec cos I did it two years ago. I’m doing that again very soon. However I do have shit tyres (cheap BCTs). The only thing going for them is that they’re so hard they’ve been on for 3.5 years and still have 6mm tread 🤔🤔🤔

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version