Chat Area > General Car Chat

How can this be

(1/5) > >>

annihilator:
Yesterday whilst outside working on the elite I noticed a Dvla clamper man putting one on a valeters van parked on the corner of the road. Out of interest I looked up the reg. on the net and it was mote'd on 9/10/18 but it said not taxed (not sorn'd) and get this, was last taxed till April 2017. Surely it should have flagged up before now and had a fine issued.

Doctor Gollum:
Getting flagged up via cameras is one thing, but unless there's a clamping unit/hiab present next to it when it's spotted nothing will happen.

Cameras are there primarily to keep tabs on ne'erdowells and scrotes...

DVLA mobile patrols are the front line in enforcement of car tax evasion.

Police aren't even imformed until you are over a month due...  :y

Andy B:
when you don't have a disc in the window anymore it could have been a genuine error. I genuinely thought one of my cars was MOT'd, it was only when I wanted to tax it earlier this year, that I realised its MOT had run out about 10 months previously.  :-[ :-[

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 20 October 2018, 08:29:51 ---when you don't have a disc in the window anymore it could have been a genuine error. I genuinely thought one of my cars was MOT'd, it was only when I wanted to tax it earlier this year, that I realised its MOT had run out about 10 months previously.  :-[ :-[

--- End quote ---

I agree.......and still have a tax disc.

Car tax dodgers and the loss of revenue are far more common since the demise of the tax disc.

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 20 October 2018, 10:31:13 ---
--- Quote from: Andy B on 20 October 2018, 08:29:51 ---when you don't have a disc in the window anymore it could have been a genuine error. I genuinely thought one of my cars was MOT'd, it was only when I wanted to tax it earlier this year, that I realised its MOT had run out about 10 months previously.  :-[ :-[

--- End quote ---

I agree.......and still have a tax disc.

Car tax dodgers and the loss of revenue are far more common since the demise of the tax disc.

--- End quote ---

Once more Opti some of this increase in evasion, and other motoring offences, is down to the severe cuts in traffic police officers out there in patrol cars.  30% down in the last 5 years, and any of us who remember the great days of driving great distances regularly can recall how many patrol cars were on patrol or sitting at the side of the road.  You can now travel considerable distances without seeing any patrol cars, or maybe one of two if you are lucky, when in the past you would pass a dozen!

The rise in crime, which once again is the worst in the Country down here in the Kent Police area, is also down to the terrible cuts in officer numbers.  Tackling crime is in crisis and until extra funding is found for REAL increases in police resource, it will continue to be so.  In public few senior officers will admit that, but in private that is what is actually being said.

The massive increase in ANPR cameras, and in the case of the DVLA with their electronically equipped vans coupled with central computerisation that the police can tap into, is a great advancement, but without the extra traffic officers required rates of evasion will continue to rise.  Those who drive unlicensed, untaxed, non-MOT'd, unregistered vehicles without valid driving licences and giving fictitious addresses will never be caught with cameras alone.  It requires the physical presence of traffic officers to stop them ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version