Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad tyre day  (Read 1184 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Bad tyre day
« on: 09 November 2010, 20:11:03 »

Argh I have just discovered that NONE of my  tyres (except the spare on a steel) are legal.

Here is the story. My car is a 2.5 and as such can have either V or W rated tyres in the UK.I think W was mandatory on 3.0l l. As the price was very little different I always fitted W's while I was a "millionaire" in Britain.

When I changed the car over to a "Spanish" one the test engineer made the V5 equivalent up with 195 H rating or optional 225 with W because that is what was fitted.

No problem. Last set of 4 tyres I fitted were V. And they got through the last two MOTs here like that. I needed new tyres. Visited the same tyre spot about 40 miles away. He asked for the log book when I asked for V and he said no must be W. So I had a pair of W on the back and thought I will chnage the fronts IF the MOT tester spots they are only V rated.

Today I had a look at the rears and they are Z rated (still only the same price I paid for the V rated tryes. (must be Korean or Chinese I suspect!) Cant see the garage "changing them for W's. at their expense ;D

Rumour has it the state run MOT testing stations have been given incentives to fail more cars.....

So next MOT in the new year, only the factory spare is actually correctly rated. Am I bovvered?  ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Bad tyre day
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2010, 20:52:50 »

lol as you know i do lots of itv,s here and the easiest pass or should i say the most campo friendly centre :y is Loja!!
do you go there at all? or do you stick with granada?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2010, 11:08:01 »

Yes i use the Loja one and try and get the tester wearing dark glasses!!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2010, 12:42:51 »

;D :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.