Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Front end damage update  (Read 2089 times)

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
Front end damage update
« on: 28 July 2006, 23:44:54 »

After removing the front wing, bumper, bumper reinforceing plate, headlamps and flitch ends this evening, I made a worrying discovery.

The other car had hit with more force that I first thought.

The headlamp mounts and the forward wing support have been pushed back./

With the new wing in place, it lines up at the back (on the A pillar, and at the bootom of the A pillar) it lines up underbonnet. But, the forward mounts (under the headlamp) are pushed back about 1 inch. The panel is deformed, nad has been pushed back.

How can I straigten this out? I was able to bring it forward about 1/2", but I cant get it forward anymore (although I had to give due to bad light and the neibors complaining....not that I complain about their son and his stereo!!! until now anyway  Lets hopw they sought planning permission for their pond.....oh I hate people like that).

So, can anyone help?

Fin, do you have nay ideas, you straigtened out an Omega recently with front end damage.....

Please help, I dont want to break her, but need her fixed....cant afford to go through the insurance, cos then she a total loss.....and then I have to pay my excess (£320 - Ouch!  :'()
Breaking a 1996 'N' 2.5 V6 Omega
PM For Details

itisme

Re: Front end damage update
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2006, 07:48:33 »

Is there a small independent body shop near you?
You should be able to find one that's willing to fit used parts, and they'll have the tools for straightening the bent bits.

itisme

« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2006, 07:55:36 »

Is there a small independent body shop near you?
You should be able to find one that's willing to fit used parts, and they'll have the tools for straightening the bent bits.

As soon as I posted this I thought about my car. Written off with similar damage. The inner wing needed to be cut out and replaced, as it couldn't be straightened.
It was more damaged than yours; Headlight totally wrecked; but it might still apply to yours.
Might be worth asking around though.

« Last Edit: 29 July 2006, 07:56:09 by itisme »

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2006, 15:48:28 »

I have heard that a rope or chain looped through the panel in the right place (or bolted to it) could be looped round a tree and the car reversed a little....I would suggest a two person effort with pre-arranged hand signals.....

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2006, 16:05:30 »

Have managed to straighten the panels out with a little gentle persuasion from Mr Timmy Mallet.

It now sits almost straight, but a million times better than it was.

PM For Details

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2006, 19:36:52 »

Have managed to straighten the panels out with a little gentle persuasion from Mr Timmy Mallet.

It now sits almost straight, but a million times better than it was.

On a side note, did the coppers manage to track down the f3cker that cause all this trouble in the first place?

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2006, 22:17:41 »

tey say that they are going to pay the registered keeper a visit, and bring him in for questioning for Assualt, and leavign the scene of an accident
PM For Details

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2006, 07:36:07 »

Cipher, i know you say you dont want to pay the excess....but id be pursuing through insurance, if for no other reason than compensation.

But maybe you should also look at criminal damage if its available in England,,,, in Scotland at least,if he is convicted you could claim criminal damage compensation for your other halfs injuries. Money isnt important at the time but it may be available to you as the victim  ;)
« Last Edit: 30 July 2006, 07:36:29 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.