Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: coolant low......!  (Read 9118 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: coolant low......!
« Reply #60 on: 24 September 2006, 19:03:32 »

Mine has a leak but I am worried I'll find a ripped hose - drips out slowly.

HBV would be nice as that is easy - I ought to check the jubilee clips under the HBV on the pipe to the rear of the engine first, but thats plenum off.

The Tee I can reach is nice and tight with no drips

Nothing to do with the water pipes you tee'd into Martin??
Mine leaks water as well.....tho im convinced it does it when it cools down, dunno why it does tho!
Last time i tried to find the leak.....i had it 7 foot in the air....with the engine running....1/2hr later not one drip!  >:( Park it on my parents drive, which runs downhill, and usually theres a small puddle (50pence size) when i leave.

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24 September 2006, 19:37:03 »

ahh...ok thats just down the road from me.....about ten mins.....

i've not long finished a three year electrical installation course at uxbridge....... that bloody collage is a joke...!!!!

I know what you mean - I went there to do the 16th edition but TBH the course was rubbish as well as the tutoring.  No resorces available etc.  Gave Up

Last year went there again (WHY?) to do my maths in an attempt to start on a route into teaching.  This was also an utter joke tutor could not speak clear English, could not operate a white board etc.  A total Joke and will not be going there again.

You are not far away from me in Hayes, I am near Yeading Library.  Cood luck tomorrow or Tuesday with the temp sender.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25 September 2006, 08:47:25 »

HBV would be nice as that is easy - I ought to check the jubilee clips under the HBV on the pipe to the rear of the engine first, but thats plenum off.

Mine leaks water as well.....tho im convinced it does it when it cools down, dunno why it does tho!
Last time i tried to find the leak.....i had it 7 foot in the air....with the engine running....1/2hr later not one drip!  >:( Park it on my parents drive, which runs downhill, and usually theres a small puddle (50pence size) when i leave.

Its definately coolant and not condensate from the aircon ......

Martin_1962

« Reply #63 on: 25 September 2006, 11:06:32 »

It is either HBV or the U shaped pipe from HBV to block as I had trouble cutting it

Nickffc

• Terrington St Clement, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 September 2006, 08:25:24 »

so..... it's been a few days since i did the HBV valve and even though the old valve looked perfectly fine the leak has now stopped...... :D
went in to london yesterday and got stuck in traffic...2 hours the go 16 miles!!!!!  so if its not gonna leak then its gotta be fixed......

thanks everyone for alll your help......

just got to get the wire back on the temo sensor....!

nick
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT......!!!!
3.0 MV6 Estate
1.9dti Astravan sportive

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 26 September 2006, 10:35:07 »

Unless you can get your wrist to bend at a 180 degree angle, i think you'll need to remove the Plenum.  ;)
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 26 September 2006, 11:06:07 »

Nice to hear that the leak is solved - good luck with reconnecting the temp sender connection.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Nickffc

• Terrington St Clement, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 26 September 2006, 15:29:14 »

Unless you can get your wrist to bend at a 180 degree angle, i think you'll need to remove the Plenum.  ;)

never gonna belive this.......i managed to squeeeeeeeeze my hands round the back of the plenum, found the loose thermo wire, felt around for the sensor and after about 4-5 attempts managed to pop the little oppser on.......woooohooo

me....happy as a pig in shit........!!!

all i got to do now is get the AC fixed..... which is being done in about two weeks time..... just in time for winter...!
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT......!!!!
3.0 MV6 Estate
1.9dti Astravan sportive

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 26 September 2006, 15:55:28 »

never gonna belive this.......i managed to squeeeeeeeeze my hands round the back of the plenum, found the loose thermo wire, felt around for the sensor and after about 4-5 attempts managed to pop the little oppser on.......woooohooo

me....happy as a pig in shit........!!!

all i got to do now is get the AC fixed..... which is being done in about two weeks time..... just in time for winter...!
Most excellent Dude, you truly are da man.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I usually find i can get my hand into places, but struggle to get back out.  ::)

I'll manage to get you to remove that Plenum one of these days though.  ;D
« Last Edit: 26 September 2006, 15:56:01 by Kev »
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.