Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.0 Idle hunting  (Read 2733 times)

omegalyn

Re:  2.0 Idle hunting
« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2007, 13:48:37 »

I am sure that you have don, but check the small breather that connects at the back or engine side of the intake man. This can only be done by removeing the throtle body as it is located under the butterfly flap, you can then unplug it with a paperclip, as it is a narrow hole going through a water sink. My other thought is on the cam cover where the three pipes connect, two on the front left and one large pipe rear right. if all of these pipes and all of the small pipes that connect to the throtle body are clear then it must be the ICV or one of the sensors stored.

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 April 2007, 14:20:33 »

Yeah - I specifically cleaned out the small bore port - actually took it off as the grot was rock hard - and replaced the breather pipe.  When running there is a strong vacuum on the pipe if I disconnect it from the camcover. So that's clear.

Problem only started when I did this job (and cleaned the TB).

Previously it had just started the dieing at idle thing again, so I thought I would do the job properly.

sefton

• Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 April 2007, 15:10:47 »

Thanks guys. I have claened all the pipes etc and they are now all clear. The idle speed has increased since I did this. I have just taken off the ICV and cleaned it again. No change. When the engine is warm and it is idling at 1800 rpm I removed the ICV electrical connection and this made no difference. Is this normal or does it point to a faulty ICV. I've spent enough money on this motor and I don't want to get an ICV if it's unneccesary. In fact, if I don't sort it soon it's going!!
Alan.

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 April 2007, 15:48:32 »

I'm not sure it points to a faulty ICV.  Could just mean that the ICV is in its closed state whether you have power to it or not, because the ECU senses the high rpm.  This could be due to stuck open butterfly or ICV, or leaks at seals or hoses.

I'm just theorising - may be wrong..

omegalyn

« Reply #19 on: 05 April 2007, 16:15:36 »

Ians, have you looked at the throttle cable. When I did this job I found that the car would high idle, found a cabletie around the throttle cable. I think that someone had don this insted of cleaning out the ICV to stop it stalling. Have a good look at the throttle cable, I missed it a couple of times on mine. Took it off and it ran as it should.

Omegalyn
« Last Edit: 05 April 2007, 16:16:05 by omegalyn »

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 April 2007, 16:48:22 »

Sadly I did check for overtight throttle cable and I don't think that is it.  The butterfly was completley closed.

Also the problem is intermittent, which to me suggests something sticking occassionally.

sefton

• Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 April 2007, 18:17:57 »

Sorted it Ian. The butterfly was slightly open although the throttle cable was slack. I adjusted the butterfly and it runs beautifully.   Thanks to everyone for the help.
Alan.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.