Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bloody snobs  (Read 2435 times)

mr des

• limerick, ireland
  • Doh
    • View Profile
bloody snobs
« on: 11 September 2006, 17:17:46 »

well i dont know what to say, ive just tried to register with the ONLY track in this god forsaken banana republic to be told that my car isnt eligable as they "always have trouble with them" when i asked them to clarify they sent back a snotty email saying that the judges decision is final. what else am i to do if i want to drive at over 120kmh well i feel like takin the plates off and goin for a big burnoff down the dual carrage way as there is no motor way for 50 miles yet i live in a major city, im ashamed to be irish today were so backward and smallminded, any ideas on how to get around this? tried askin the karting tracks if they would let me on but no luck, definately feel like leavin this country its just the pits >:( >:( >:( >:(
i want to shine in the eye of orion but i drove my sole through the black hole

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
Re: bloody snobs
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2006, 17:21:37 »

Not fair at all >:(

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2006, 17:21:57 »

well i dont know what to say, ive just tried to register with the ONLY track in this god forsaken banana republic to be told that my car isnt eligable as they "always have trouble with them" when i asked them to clarify they sent back a snotty email saying that the judges decision is final. what else am i to do if i want to drive at over 120kmh well i feel like takin the plates off and goin for a big burnoff down the dual carrage way as there is no motor way for 50 miles yet i live in a major city, im ashamed to be irish today were so backward and smallminded, any ideas on how to get around this? tried askin the karting tracks if they would let me on but no luck, definately feel like leavin this country its just the pits >:( >:( >:( >:(

You may laugh but have you asked you local police if you can use there test track only I know of someone who did this and they didn't seem to have a problem with it.

mr des

• limerick, ireland
  • Doh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2006, 17:24:46 »

thats a good un but the police dont have a track, i had to get some pics of the cars involved in a fatal traffic accident on saturday morning so off i went to the police station who were only too happy to oblige except they had lost both cars, rang all the yards and tow drivers but zip they had vanished thats about the standard of the cops round here

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2006, 17:26:52 »

thats a good un but the police dont have a track, i had to get some pics of the cars involved in a fatal traffic accident on saturday morning so off i went to the police station who were only too happy to oblige except they had lost both cars, rang all the yards and tow drivers but zip they had vanished thats about the standard of the cops round here

Clever Nottttt  :D

Goonlord

• Gods Chosen Acre  Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2006, 08:17:41 »

What about the road between killarney and tralee thats a nice straight road in places and i have never seen a woodentop on it  or the road from limerick to farranfore thats fairly quiet in places
Go on live a little you now you want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once we were a Dukedom ruled by Dukes........
Then we were a Kingdom ruled by Kings...........
Now we are a Country.......................................

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2006, 08:45:01 »

Go on holiday to Germany it's free to drive there and no speed limit's on the un-restricted section and they go on for miles :). This photo was taken about 2 years ago when I lived in Germany and took the Mega over with me!!

Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

evanh

• N.Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 September 2006, 08:46:14 »

Get yourself up north sometime http://www.sideways-racing.com

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 September 2006, 09:03:50 »

Go on holiday to Germany it's free to drive there and no speed limit's on the un-restricted section and they go on for miles :). This photo was taken about 2 years ago when I lived in Germany and took the Mega over with me!!

Bet that dial on the right didn't stay like that for long!
« Last Edit: 12 September 2006, 09:04:53 by paulmccristall »
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

mr des

• limerick, ireland
  • Doh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2006, 23:25:05 »

Get yourself up north sometime http://www.sideways-racing.com

ta very much they seem like a nice friendly bunch will look into it :)

mr des

• limerick, ireland
  • Doh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2006, 23:35:05 »

What about the road between killarney and tralee thats a nice straight road in places and i have never seen a woodentop on it  or the road from limerick to farranfore thats fairly quiet in places
Go on live a little you now you want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drive that road a lot for work but the co-poilot dont like me havin fun, in fairness though i work as a news camera man and hardly a week goes by without taking pictures of a fatal car accident hense wanting a controlled environment. the main reason for wanting to join the track is that work this weekend has been tough, wont go into the details all i will say is it involved two little kids and a whole lot of petrol and some pure scumbags  >:(...... i just wanted something to clear it all out of my mind and drink isnt a good idea, flat out into a corner followed by a couple of g's then hard on the loud peddle does it for me but closing off roads isnt fool proof and i couldnt live with getting it wrong like so many ive seen already......... not a very nice post :( but then not a great few days over here

mr des

• limerick, ireland
  • Doh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2006, 23:36:16 »

ta jim and everybody else

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 September 2006, 10:35:55 »

Des,

Ring up the track again.... this time start with "I am the cameraman for xxxx and want to come and do the pre-shoot familiarisation on your track in preparation for a track-day feature we are doing...."

Turn up with your camera, stick it on a tripod and blast that stress away!!!!

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2006, 10:52:43 »

Des,

Ring up the track again.... this time start with "I am the cameraman for xxxx and want to come and do the pre-shoot familiarisation on your track in preparation for a track-day feature we are doing...."

Sounds like a plan  ;D good luck with it  Des

mr des

• limerick, ireland
  • Doh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 September 2006, 21:26:31 »

Des,

Sounds like a plan  ;D good luck with it  Des

i have actually shot on that track before and there very sticky about gettin anyway near the track with your own car i think they just love to see u try to haul all the gear to the outfield, tossers wont let them get me down but thanks a million for all the replies at least some of us know quality car when we see it, anyway they do teaching courses in rovers where their instructor brings you out for 4 laps then u get to do 6 would be tragic if i smashed into a wall on the last one ::) good thing im too tight to bear a grudge ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.