Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: cambelt changed and not happy  (Read 2624 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re:  cambelt changed and not happy
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2007, 00:34:02 »

.. and threaten to go to trading standards and VX head office with the evidence of the engineer's report if it finds them lacking.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2007, 01:12:43 »

Shame you are not closer, I bet they missed a clip of the throttle body coolant hose, or a bolt out the water pump, or something daft...

Sir Gingerlot

• Leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2007, 08:27:25 »

You are legally required to pay for the parts they have fitted when changing the cambelt. However I would not just be refusing to pay anymore I would be insisting that if they do not put it right that you also try and recover part of the £330 you have already paid. They have negated on the initial contract by returning the car not how it was and also not fit for purpose. Don't get angry with them but make it very clear what you want them to do and put it in writing to the manager if they start to resist.

ricardoman

• yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 October 2007, 21:10:58 »

thanks guys for your thoughts and help on the matter,i again contacted VX this morning and told them not to take the car out on a run monday as this will do even more damage to the engine the latest is, they are going to get there so called head mechanic to have a look at the car monday. ive been in touch with trading standards this morning they have told me to put into writing everthing whats happened and therefore give VX 5 working days to resolve the matter otherwise it will be taken further.

am going to fight them all the way

whish me look.

ill update again on monday.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 October 2007, 08:45:49 »

thanks guys for your thoughts and help on the matter,i again contacted VX this morning and told them not to take the car out on a run monday as this will do even more damage to the engine the latest is, they are going to get there so called head mechanic to have a look at the car monday. ive been in touch with trading standards this morning they have told me to put into writing everthing whats happened and therefore give VX 5 working days to resolve the matter otherwise it will be taken further.

am going to fight them all the way

whish me look.

ill update again on monday.

Go for it mate  :y

ricardoman

• yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 October 2007, 17:41:54 »

if the heater exchange is the fault how much should i expect to pay from a garage NOT vx.is this a big job.

cheers lads

ricardoman

• yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 October 2007, 18:16:24 »

update

after many phonecalls today i left work and went down to VX asked to speak to the top man,we went throw everthing he said he taken the car out on a test drive and they was no overheating,engine noise he put it down to the muppet who changed the belts seemed to have overtighten them ok so tomorrow he him self is going to strip the engine and re-do the belts as for overheating well all i can do at this point is to take is word...hhhhmmmm

maybe a different story once i pick the car up tomorrow.

one thing for sure am not driving the car of there premise until am happy :y

ricardoman

• yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 October 2007, 18:09:06 »

update
  after working away and getting the phone call id been waiting for finally my mv6 is ready  :ypicked the car up and now a happy chap :)

overheating was down to one of the muppets at vh for what evereason did not put the coolant top back on properly,they said the first cambelt kit they put on was faulty :-/

can i ask as he pointed out the manifold was blowing,is this a pain of a job and expensive

Eliteman Steve

• Brighton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2007, 21:47:03 »

Will probably cost a lot in terms of time , depends also which side is blowing . Mines been blowing since I've owned the car , but stops when it's warmed up and has always passed MOT ok (touch wood)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.