Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: egr valve?  (Read 1416 times)

stece

• stoke
    • View Profile
egr valve?
« on: 24 June 2011, 14:14:51 »

i have all the symptons of egr valve failure and leak question is where is the damn thing and can i just blank or is it a tech 2 shut off job?
2001 2.6 elite y26

SteveT528

Re: egr valve?
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2011, 12:25:03 »

The 2.6 never had an EGR valve  ;) hope this helps.

stece

• stoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2011, 20:55:31 »

dang!!! i dunno then i have had it tech 2
multiple cylinder misfire
cylinder 1 2 3 4 5 and 5 again misfire detected
gross leak exhaust something
fuel trim malfunction bank 1 and 2

gearbox can bus or speed sensor failure code

live data while running car showed nothing lambdas were switching as should all seems fine but what gives then?

the fault isnt temperature dependant it only happens for 4-5 days every 3 or so weeks fault is

when decelerating or on load the power just drops car judders when re accelerate fuel consumption reads 150mpg lol and its just basically in limp mode quick flick of key on or off and its fine again until it decides do it again...its now stopped it will be back like clockwork in about 3-400 miles...work that out

stece

• stoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2011, 17:44:06 »

any help?

stece

• stoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2011, 19:19:06 »

no then lol

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
  • Kent Border, East Sussex
  • Me & My Motors are Truly 1 off's
    • Custom Mondeo TDCi Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2011, 23:57:36 »

I am not experienced with the 2.6 engine, but sounds like it could possibly be a gearbox issue, have you checked the transmission fluid level?
Me & My Motors are Truly 1 off's

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2011, 10:08:57 »

CAN errors appear from time to time, especially when other faults are present so I wouldn't worry too much about the gearbox for the moment if it's working OK when the engine is.

It would be good to get the actual codes from the engine ECU. Have a look in the maintenance guides and do the "pedal test" to flash out the fault codes and make a note of the numbers.

Of the codes you've mentioned,  the fuel trim errors ring alarm bells. Bank 1 and 2 fuel trim problems would most likely point to an induction air leak or MAF sensor problem IMHO but read and post the numbers first just to be sure we aren't missing anything.

What was the MAF reading in the live data? Normal reading at idle with a fully warmed up engine would be around 12-14 kg/h IME.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aknagy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2011, 12:07:09 »

Hello There,

I've got an ignition problem going on for almost a year now. Been in several garages and the fault code says ignition failure but no one can tell me what is exactly wrong with the car. They are just guessing as usual.

About the symptoms: when the weather gets a bit warm, the car simply doesn't want to start. It seems like one or more spark plugs doesn't work properly or the engine doesn't get enough petrol. If I keep the throttle down, I can start the engine but for few seconds it sounds terrible, shakes and knocks, etc. Oh yes, and the engine management light is always on. Sometimes it disappears for few days but comes back again. During the winter this ignition failure hardly happens. Once I leave the engine running for few minutes, everything gets fine, it pulls, drives excellent, 41 mpg.

Attempts for repair: Spark plugs been changed, wires been changed after Newbury Vauxhall garage has identified oil in the spark plug holes ( it never happened since, so I'm a bit concerned about this ), fuel filter been changed, yesterday I've took off the EGR valve and cleaned it properly, it was full of oil mud but today morning as I've started the car I've experienced the problem again, however it got a bit better.

Now I'm going to change the fuel filter again but I'm really running out of ideas and need your suggestions. As I've said, the car works excellent, drives smooth and the consumption is brilliant to the size of the car. It is only the ignition when warm outside and only for few minutes. It makes no sense for me. I've forgot the last error code but it was only a general ignition problem.

I would really appreciate some ideas as I have to drive the car to Europe soon and a bit worried what if things goes wrong during my 3000 miles trip.

Thank you in advance!
Have a great day!
akos

o-meg-a

• south wales
  • avatar disabled meantime as its mahoosive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 July 2011, 00:25:06 »

Hello There,

I've got an ignition problem going on for almost a year now. Been in several garages and the fault code says ignition failure but no one can tell me what is exactly wrong with the car. They are just guessing as usual.

About the symptoms: when the weather gets a bit warm, the car simply doesn't want to start. It seems like one or more spark plugs doesn't work properly or the engine doesn't get enough petrol. If I keep the throttle down, I can start the engine but for few seconds it sounds terrible, shakes and knocks, etc. Oh yes, and the engine management light is always on. Sometimes it disappears for few days but comes back again. During the winter this ignition failure hardly happens. Once I leave the engine running for few minutes, everything gets fine, it pulls, drives excellent, 41 mpg.

Attempts for repair: Spark plugs been changed, wires been changed after Newbury Vauxhall garage has identified oil in the spark plug holes ( it never happened since, so I'm a bit concerned about this ), fuel filter been changed, yesterday I've took off the EGR valve and cleaned it properly, it was full of oil mud but today morning as I've started the car I've experienced the problem again, however it got a bit better.

Now I'm going to change the fuel filter again but I'm really running out of ideas and need your suggestions. As I've said, the car works excellent, drives smooth and the consumption is brilliant to the size of the car. It is only the ignition when warm outside and only for few minutes. It makes no sense for me. I've forgot the last error code but it was only a general ignition problem.

I would really appreciate some ideas as I have to drive the car to Europe soon and a bit worried what if things goes wrong during my 3000 miles trip.

Thank you in advance!
Have a great day!
akos

It would be best if you started a new thread for your own problem....
Two questions in one thread gets confusing for people posting.

and also, welcome to the forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.