Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Facelift ICE options  (Read 10786 times)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Facelift ICE options
« on: 20 July 2006, 12:47:16 »

With the varying fascia adaptors out there, varying colour stereos, varying size (double din), varying car interiors, it is not an easy decision how to best improve on factory fit audio.

So then, whoever has upgraded, lets have this thread dedicated to your solutions.

Please post the final picture of what you've acheived, along with the make / model of what you've used to get there.  Then we should have a nice reference thread so the next person may be able to see what they are looking for and be able to replicate it themselves without making expensive mistakes.

Martin_1962

Re: Facelift ICE options
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2006, 13:14:05 »

Sony MDX5970 Head Unit, Connects2 DOPS004/5 (needs to be 005) display driver, Autoleads single DIN fascia adaptor, Sony CD changer with mp3 fascility.

To do, replace front speakers with Infinity 605CS and amplifiers. also to get Autoleads PC9 350 Traffic Master adaptor to fit

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2006, 19:18:45 »

I am currently having a b!tch of a job getting a double unit to fit.

DO NOT DO NOT go double din!!!!

Shove a nice Alpine unit in there, and get a Vibe Active Sub, I highly reccommend them. Extremely powerfull, Active Sub, has the Amp and Sub in one box.

See the Thread "My ICE Project so far...." - In general chat for pics

Oh btw if you know of a facia adpator that is for double din units for the omega, let me know ASAP.

Cause i am going to have to make one out of MDF
« Last Edit: 20 July 2006, 19:19:51 by tunnie »

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2006, 19:22:40 »

Oh, you mean an adaptor like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Corsa-Vectra-Omega-facia-SILVER-stereo-fascia_W0QQitemZ230010857512QQihZ013QQcategoryZ1498QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

;)

As for upgrading the ICE in a facelift Omega? Hillper is THE man to speak to.

Done the whole lot, and a damn good job he has made of it. :)
« Last Edit: 22 July 2006, 19:23:56 by admin »
The Administrator.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2006, 19:35:12 »

tunnie needs an adapter that takes a double din stereo, not single din. The plastic surround he has fitted doesn't look too bad, just needs a bit of perfecting.

The setup certainly sounds good though :)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2006, 16:31:18 »

tunnie needs an adapter that takes a double din stereo, not single din. The plastic surround he has fitted doesn't look too bad, just needs a bit of perfecting.

The setup certainly sounds good though :)

Thanks, no problems with the sound comming from the system now, that needs no futher mods.

Stuck my headunit on eBay with pictures i took before it went in. Only cost me £2.something to auction it, so if it goes for a fairly decent price i will sell it and go single din.

No-ware seams to sell an adaptor facia for double din units plenty for single, i have one! But not double  >:(

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2006, 08:35:50 »

I'll do a write up on my install as soon as I can.

Mine's very basic.  Simplicity is the key.  Omegas are ripe for fitting ICE as they are well soundproofed (especially the facelift) and have good internal proportions and well placed speakers.

I fitted replacement front speakers, head unit, four channel amp and subwoofer.

Sounds good to me!
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

MadOnVaux

• Lake District
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2006, 17:15:04 »

Is it only me then who thinks the facelift standard kit is superb quality?

I've 'only' got the CDR 2005 single slot CD player in mine and im very very impressed with both the sound quality and clarity, in particular the separation of the various frequencies...and ive been used to Sony, Pioneer & Kenwood kit before this.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2006, 17:18:41 »

My non-bose prefacelift CCR600 is great most of the time. Its only at high volume levels that it doesn't have the low frequency response...
Grumpy old man

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2006, 18:44:01 »

i have the CDR2006 witht he 4 disc multiplayer and bose speakers....

I am not changing a thing, the sound quality is excellent, to add or change anything may mean the dynamics of it change, and i don't want that to happen.

The only thing i have to do is get my ipod to work with it

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2006, 20:22:23 »

The standard kit is fine, it's just like The Boy said, it can't deliver the power and depth of bass and sub bass that is required for exciting listening.  

A really good compromise is to fit a sub only, to attempt get back those lost bass frequencies and give a bit more oomph to the whole system.  

If you could hear how different your standard setup can be with a good quality sub, you'll want one!
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2006, 09:52:34 »

The standard kit is fine, it's just like The Boy said, it can't deliver the power and depth of bass and sub bass that is required for exciting listening.  

A really good compromise is to fit a sub only, to attempt get back those lost bass frequencies and give a bit more oomph to the whole system.  

If you could hear how different your standard setup can be with a good quality sub, you'll want one!

Fair point, however in order to add the sub would require preouts on the stereo and the standard vaux stuff doesnt have that.

I have a sub box here with 2x12'' subs and an alpine V12 amp, i know that this does make a big difference, but there is no way of hooking it up to the CDC2006

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2006, 10:28:05 »

I was under the impression that the outputs from the head unit to the Bose amp (under the parcel shelf) were at line level, even though they use the speaker wires - so surely it would be possible to join onto the Bose amp inputs and feed that into the sub's amp?

I remember when I asked a question about the amp a few months ago elsewhere, Mark confirmed that the outputs are line level - ie, 0.7V not 2 or 4V that most head units seem to use as pre-out ... so you might need to up the gain on the sub's amp a bit ...
« Last Edit: 06 August 2006, 10:32:19 by sounds2k »

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2006, 15:15:13 »

ohhh, i had completely forgot about the amp on the bose set up, might have to have a look at setting up the subs and Alpine

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2006, 15:47:13 »

Don't waste that nice amp!

It's worth a try.  

You could always use a level converter from the speaker wires?  (V12 doesn't have speaker level inputs as I recal?)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.