Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General guide to facelift Omega's  (Read 21056 times)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
General guide to facelift Omega's
« on: 22 February 2010, 19:36:50 »

Frequently questions are asked about the differing engines and trim levels of Omega's, I know very little of pre and mini facelift so thought I'd compose a little general guide to the engines and trim levels of the facelift Omega using the DBW engines - I dont think a guide is already in existance, but apologies if there already is.

The earliest facelift Omega's are from 1999 on a 'V' plate, however some 'V' and 'W' plated Omega's can be mini-facelift's.
2001 'Y' is typically when the DBW engines were introduced, (however in Sept/Oct 99 the 2.2 petrol DBW was introduced)  - Thanks to RobG for the info. There are three petrol engines, and one diesel;

The 2.2 4 cylinder petrol has a displacement of 2198cc and produces 144 bhp. The manual 2.2 saloon accelerates to 60mph in 9.5 seconds and has a top speed of 130mph, with a combined mpg figure of 29.4

The 2.6 V6 petrol has a displacement of 2597cc and produces 179 bhp. The manual 2.6 saloon accelerates to 60mph in 8.5 seconds and has a top speed of 142mph, with a combined mpg figure of 26.4

The 3.2 V6 petrol has a displacement of 3175cc and produces 211 bhp. The automatic 3.2 saloon accelerates to 60mph in 8.0 seconds and has a top speed of 149mph, with a combined mpg figure of 23.9

The 2.2 DTI (diesel) has a displacement of 2171cc and produces 120 bhp. The manual 2.2 saloon accelerates to 60mph in 11.5 seconds and has a top speed of 121mph, with a combined mpg figure of 39.8

The 2.2 DTI only comes with a 5 speed manual gearbox, and the 3.2 V6 only comes with an automatic gearbox. The rest of the engine range are available with either a manual or automatic. However, the 3.2 V6 was available with the 5 speed manaul gearbox only available to the police. These models are referred to as the 'Special'...more about them later.

Models, this guide refers to the 2002 and 2003 range;

GLS
This is the entry level model, it is available with the 2.2 and 2.6 petrol engine, and the 2.2 diesel...in both estate and saloon guise. The early GLS's had manual rear windows and black trim, the later GLS's had electric rear windows and wood trim. The GLS has texas cloth trim, either in shale or charcoal. The GLS has electric windows, electric mirrors, climate control, 16'' alloy wheels and the CDR 2005. There are other features, but nothing of particular importance.

CD
In addition to the GLS, the CD has front fog lights and heated front seats and trip computer and rear reading lights. It also has emipre velour trim available in shale, shadow grey or charcoal.

CDX
In addition to the CD, the CDX has Xenon headlights with dynamic beam levelling and headlight washers, electric sunroof, CCR 2006, alram and cruise control, and as standard the interior is velour. The front passenger seat has a fold flat ability to allow the transportation of long items easily. It also has 16'' alloy wheels, but of a different design to the GLS and CD wheels.

Sport
The sport only comes with the 2.2 petrol engine, but has sports suspension. It effectively is the same externally and internally as the MV6 model covered later. However, it is worth noting, the Sport has headlight washers but no xenon headlights. This is the only facelift model to have headlight washers but no xenon's. Refer to MV6 model for description of interior and exterior.

MV6
The MV6 is available with the 2.6 V6 and 3.2 V6 engine, in estate or saloon guise. It has a bespoke front bumper design (prodrive) 17'' alloy wheels, xenon headlights with dynamic beam levelling and headlight washers, electric windows and mirrors, recaro interior in either charcoal varsity cloth or charcoal leather, CCR 2006, Alloy-effect inserts to door trim, centre console and gear surround, boot spoiler.

Elite
Avaiable with all engines except the 2.2 petrol, in saloon or estate guise.
In addition to the CDX; Rain sensing wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, front seats fully electrically operated, drivers seat with memory, 17'' alloy wheels. The CCR 2006 is standard on all except the 3.2 where the NCDC 2013 is standard, leather is standard on the 3.2 with velour to the rest of the engine range. Electric rear blind, discontinued from the range mid 2002 (52) plate. Some 52's do have it though. Self levelling rear suspension, indirect night lighting.

Special
This model was only available to the police with the 3.2 engine, in either automatic or manual guise, saloon or estate. Xenon headlights, 16'' alloy wheels, larger capacity battery and alternator. Otherwise similiar to GLS spec.

Notes
Traction control only available on the V6 models
All models have side airbags
Cambelt interval for all petrol engines is 40,000 miles or 4 years (whichever occurs sooner)
Limousines and hearses were also available, most commonly seen are the Eagle Statesman by Wilcox, and the Coleman Milne. Other variants are in existance.

This guide is only basic and would be of most use to new members who aren't as familiar with the Omega range as other members. If you spot any mistakes or think any further info should be added, please let me know...and photograph's. I have pictures of CDX, ELITE, MV6 and SPECIAL I will be adding later, but if anyone has pictures of GLS and CD they don't mind me adding I'd be most appreciative.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2010, 13:29:06 by jimbob »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.