Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trying to reflash the Stag LPG ECU.  (Read 1305 times)

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
trying to reflash the Stag LPG ECU.
« on: 14 December 2011, 22:17:07 »

Anyone had any success reflashing a early ECU ?. Mine is a 300-6, and I got the system running OK, but there were no injector times. I managed to calibrate and it appeared to be on LPG, however I thought I would try and reflash the ECU to see if the injector times would start working. And the laptop battery went flat half way through  :'( :'( :'(

I tried the proceedure given in the  notes but can only get to about 6% then it drops out. It once got to 21% but seems very hit and miss.

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: trying to reflash the Stag LPG ECU.
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2011, 22:29:55 »

Only done 300plus, no issues
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2011, 22:41:32 »

Anyone had any success reflashing a early ECU ?. Mine is a 300-6, and I got the system running OK, but there were no injector times. I managed to calibrate and it appeared to be on LPG, however I thought I would try and reflash the ECU to see if the injector times would start working. And the laptop battery went flat half way through  :'( :'( :'(

I tried the proceedure given in the  notes but can only get to about 6% then it drops out. It once got to 21% but seems very hit and miss.

Ken
Oh dear... Don't know about Stag (because I haven't experienced this on one) but I know that any disconnection during ECU upgrade on Bigas ECU's can render them an expensive paperweight :o :o

Hopefully you can try again but I fear that you may have bricked it :( :'(
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2011, 22:42:58 »

Thanks TB.

I wonder, could it be the serial link ?.  I am using a usb to serial converter, I have used this type before ( chinese CH340 ? ) and we use them at work to communicate with embedded systems, but....

I could try tomorrow with a PC with a proper serial port................. if I can find a long enough serial cable.

Ken

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2011, 22:43:57 »

Ken
Oh dear... Don't know about Stag (because I haven't experienced this on one) but I know that any disconnection during ECU upgrade on Bigas ECU's can render them an expensive paperweight :o :o

:'( :'( :'( There goes the Xmas drinks fund  :'( :'( :'(

ken

Debs.

« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2011, 22:44:50 »

Only done 300plus, no issues

:P`Told you a million times; stop exaggerating! :P

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2011, 22:48:08 »

Ken

:'( :'( :'( There goes the Xmas drinks fund  :'( :'( :'(

ken
If it's all gone wrong, did you buy it from Teilo? If so, he's good for the 2 year Warranty :y If not, may still be worth a chat with him... He may be able to help or at least do a deal on a replacement ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2011, 22:55:07 »

Hi,
No It was a 2nd hand one, date of last software issue is V 1.9.25, 05/02/2008.
its a bit strange the update instructions, like turn off ignition, but doesn't say to turn it on ?. Also sometimes if I turn on ignition and hold the button in for several seconds it last longer before dropping out. Ah the mysteries of Polish software  ::)

Ken 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.