Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: can i have an opinion on this ???  (Read 4862 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: can i have an opinion on this ???
« Reply #15 on: 16 August 2015, 17:39:05 »

henryd in Cornwall has 3.0CDTi Signum IIRC, as does Opti, so they may be able to comment on engine.  Taxi-Al has had some Vectra estates for Taxi work, so may be able to comment on that (but then the poor deranged fool likes Vectra-C's :P). CD70 is quite dated now, and not exactly feature packed, but its still newer and faster than the NCDC series you know and love. Plus TMC works ;D

I think the word you are looking for is 'crap'.

MP3 facility with no aux.

The 4 CD player in the MV6 was far superior.

However, the colour Satnav is acceptable, but lacks a postcode facility.

In summary. Cheap, nasty, and antiquated. I give it four out of ten.

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2015, 17:45:13 »

Mark can you guarantee that no one has ever put supermarket fuel in? Didn't think so.

Also, given that your company cars all seem to be second hand and heavy on suspension, I would politely suggest that either your Vectras were poorly maintained using shit parts, or you simply can't drive.

As for being underpowered,  the 1.8 in both 120 and 140 guises is keen enough and can be driven at the UK limits with no fuss or drama, even fully loaded. If you want to tow a twin axle caravan at 100mph, it would be only fair to suggest that it might struggle.

Even badly driven around town, the estate will return 28-30, and on a run 40 shouldn't be unrealistic.

I know of noone who hasn't had problems with either the 2.2 petrol or the 1.9 diesels... The 120 diesel is fractionally more reliable, but is gutless compared to the 150, but it is also les complicated.

That is my experience based on several hundred thousand miles, take it as you find it :y

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #17 on: 16 August 2015, 17:51:19 »

further investigation has revealed a coolant leak on the sheffield based V6 CDTi ,  so i have walked away…..

seen something else i fancy, much nearer home….   am calling dealer in the morning first thing….  hopefully he'll still have it and take a cheeky offer….   

not saying what yet….   ;)
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2015, 18:09:29 »

The only thing that would make me buy a Vectra, is if it was stupid cheap. I mean really stupid money and i needed a car asap, not a lot else about them to like.  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2015, 18:20:38 »

The only thing that would make me buy a Vectra, is if it was stupid cheap. I mean really stupid money and i needed a car asap, not a lot else about them to like.  :-\

Fooking hell, with a verbal kicking like that I'm glad  the Signum is nothing like the crappy old Vectra. :D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Completely different car. ;)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2015, 18:23:46 »

Mark can you guarantee that no one has ever put supermarket fuel in? Didn't think so.

Also, given that your company cars all seem to be second hand and heavy on suspension, I would politely suggest that either your Vectras were poorly maintained using shit parts, or you simply can't drive.

As for being underpowered,  the 1.8 in both 120 and 140 guises is keen enough and can be driven at the UK limits with no fuss or drama, even fully loaded. If you want to tow a twin axle caravan at 100mph, it would be only fair to suggest that it might struggle.

Even badly driven around town, the estate will return 28-30, and on a run 40 shouldn't be unrealistic.

I know of noone who hasn't had problems with either the 2.2 petrol or the 1.9 diesels... The 120 diesel is fractionally more reliable, but is gutless compared to the 150, but it is also les complicated.

That is my experience based on several hundred thousand miles, take it as you find it :y

I can guarantee in my ownership my car has never had supermarket fuel put into it in but before my ownership who knows but it is proven the higher ethanol content does effect the life of the fuel pump and regulator and yes I also have had a 1.9 diesel and in 100,000 we had no problem with it apart from the wiper linkage which was replaced under warranty so perhaps servicing is the key .....and what has the Vectra got to do with a company car my last company car was a brand new Passat with 5 miles on the clock this one will be going back next month and being replaced with a new astra or insignia dependant on delivery date ??????...the 2 x 1.8 vectras we had as company cars (from new)  where utter horse crap loaded with the crap we carry they were underpowered and drank petrol and after 70,000 became unreliable .....and as for not being able to drive....that statement is laughable
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2015, 18:30:59 »

Well, if you can't make a Vectra go round a corner without understeering, you're clearly doing summat wrong...

And if the 1.8 estate was underpowered then you were clearly overloading it.

That's all I'll say on either subject.

Sounds like Max has got summat lined up anyways...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 August 2015, 18:54:11 »

Oooo handbags!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 August 2015, 19:10:27 »

No no handbags here mate

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 August 2015, 23:27:32 »

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 16 August 2015, 23:48:44 »

No no handbags here mate

Aw shame.  :P  ;)
Actually I did miss one point... I thought you current company car was a French pos not a Passat...??? So either stop shovelling or keep the tales consistent, there's a good chap ;)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 August 2015, 23:57:14 »

No no handbags here mate

Aw shame.  :P  ;)
Actually I did miss one point... I thought you current company car was a French pos not a Passat...??? So either stop shovelling or keep the tales consistent, there's a good chap ;)

I might be using shovel very soon to dig a hole....so run along like a good chap and shove it some where I cant find it anywhere upon your person will do....the point you are missing is it does not take you long to revert to the idiot you really are.....re read the post in fact I will save the trouble as I very much doubt with your level of intelligence you can..my last company car was a Passat this one ~(my current company car) is a French lump of shite....so the next time you want accuse some one of telling tales get you facts right

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 August 2015, 23:58:09 »

henryd in Cornwall has 3.0CDTi Signum IIRC, as does Opti, so they may be able to comment on engine.  Taxi-Al has had some Vectra estates for Taxi work, so may be able to comment on that (but then the poor deranged fool likes Vectra-C's :P). CD70 is quite dated now, and not exactly feature packed, but its still newer and faster than the NCDC series you know and love. Plus TMC works ;D

I had one but now sold on,its still around though as went to a mate,it was /is a good car though with a lot of grunt from the Isuzu v6 lump
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 17 August 2015, 00:30:41 »

I think the issue with the plod v6 diesels is that they are either being ragged or idling with nothing inbetween, and they seem to react badly with being ragged constantly :-\

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #29 on: 17 August 2015, 00:33:26 »

I think the issue with the plod v6 diesels is that they are either being ragged or idling with nothing inbetween, and they seem to react badly with being ragged constantly :-\

Right there Mr. Telemacher  :y

Knackers the DPF's on all our BMW fleet, we spend a fortune on em!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.