Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG Guru Needed  (Read 12984 times)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: LPG Guru Needed
« Reply #75 on: 22 November 2014, 22:25:03 »

Cheers Al.  I don't think I've got enough length (story of my life) to 'make good' the hose.   :-[
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

05omegav6

« Reply #76 on: 22 November 2014, 22:29:27 »

It should stretch when warmed and manipulated :D

chrisgixer

« Reply #77 on: 22 November 2014, 22:35:04 »

Bloody jubilees. Oppsing useless bloody things. If they aren't leaking, they seize then leak.

I always remember a thread on here with Marks Dtm saying the gm water pipe clips where superior. I thought he was mad at the time, but was absolutely right, as usual.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #78 on: 22 November 2014, 22:36:44 »

as TB said I dont think the amount of leak will cause this sharp power loss.. :-\

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 22 November 2014, 22:40:32 »

Bloody jubilees. Oppsing useless bloody things. If they aren't leaking, they seize then leak.

I always remember a thread on here with Marks Dtm saying the gm water pipe clips where superior. I thought he was mad at the time, but was absolutely right, as usual.

I do use Junbilee clips and replace those bloody stupid hose clips wherever possible, but I do place a thin rubbed beneath them (such as a section of bicycle innter tube).  As long as they are not over tightened, they work perfectly well.  If ham fisted spanner monkeys who tighten them up to "FT when some" which causes the damage.

as TB said I dont think the amount of leak will cause this sharp power loss.. :-\

I'm optimistic.  I have seen the receipt for the installation, and it wasn't done on the cheap.  ;)

chrisgixer

« Reply #80 on: 22 November 2014, 22:43:19 »

I do use Junbilee clips and replace those bloody stupid hose clips wherever possible, but I do place a thin rubbed beneath them (such as a section of bicycle innter tube).  As long as they are not over tightened, they work perfectly well.  If ham fisted spanner monkeys who tighten them up to "FT when some" which causes the damage.

...;D yes your new to this lpg business, clearly ;D

Give it time. ;)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 22 November 2014, 22:50:23 »

Give it time. ;)

I am.  Very new!  But all the LPG companies use Jubilee Clips.  In an ideal world, everything would be crimped (much like A/C or HP PAS) but that's not really possible, so the next best thing, a Jubilee.

Nothing aftermarket comes with those silly Hose Clips.  ::) :P

chrisgixer

« Reply #82 on: 22 November 2014, 23:00:37 »

Give it time. ;)

I am.  Very new!  But all the LPG companies use Jubilee Clips.  In an ideal world, everything would be crimped (much like A/C or HP PAS) but that's not really possible, so the next best thing, a Jubilee.

Nothing aftermarket comes with those silly Hose Clips.  ::) :P
Rubber compresses. Obviously. But over time it stays compressed. This means jubilees need constant tightening to keep the same pressure on the circumference of the hose. The spring clips, effectively, automatically adjust. Insuring constant and equal pressure around the hose, regardless of how old or compressed the rubber becomes over time. The spring clips also don't have a flat or uneven pressure that the worm housing gives.

From experience, you WILL find that the jubilees will leak periodically, and need a tweak.

But hay. You know best :y ...not my oppsin car anyway. ;D :P

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 22 November 2014, 23:07:08 »

Rubber compresses. Obviously. But over time it stays compressed. This means jubilees need constant tightening to keep the same pressure on the circumference of the hose. The spring clips, effectively, automatically adjust. Insuring constant and equal pressure around the hose, regardless of how old or compressed the rubber becomes over time. The spring clips also don't have a flat or uneven pressure that the worm housing gives.

From experience, you WILL find that the jubilees will leak periodically, and need a tweak.

Want to buy it?  ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #84 on: 22 November 2014, 23:07:55 »

Want to buy it?  ;D

...I'll give you a box of matches for it, certainly. ;D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 22 November 2014, 23:11:31 »

Want to buy it?  ;D

...I'll give you a box of matches for it, certainly. ;D

;D ;D I did have a fag on when she said she heard the 'sizzling' noise.  The Gas line comes in just next to the Header tank...... I thought it was just the venting into the header tank she could hear (I am partially deaf).

I had the fag behind my back, and thankfully so!

chrisgixer

« Reply #86 on: 22 November 2014, 23:18:50 »

I do hope your joking. Or has whatever is in the Huntingdon water spread to Bristol?

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 22 November 2014, 23:21:42 »

I do hope your joking. Or has whatever is in the Huntingdon water spread to Bristol?

'Tis a true story.  I've been drinking bottled water from Reading recently.  Same as you, I believe?  ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #88 on: 22 November 2014, 23:40:24 »

'Tis a true story.  I've been drinking bottled water from Reading recently.  Same as you, I believe?  ;D

Bottled water from Reading? Bottled fosters might still be floating about.

Too many carrots maybe? ;D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 22 November 2014, 23:48:27 »

Too many carrots maybe? ;D

Get orf maii laaand!  >:(

:D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.