Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: wickes  (Read 3183 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
wickes
« on: 29 March 2020, 12:33:59 »

i have ordered some stuff from wickes & at the mo its click & collect or delivery. anyhow i paid via paypal & have been overcharged by £9.55p. has anybody ever tried to get in touch with wickes customer services. nightmare, >:( >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: wickes
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2020, 13:24:00 »

Guess they're delivering it then...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2020, 13:42:11 »

i have ordered some stuff from wickes & at the mo its click & collect or delivery. anyhow i paid via paypal & have been overcharged by £9.55p. has anybody ever tried to get in touch with wickes customer services. nightmare, >:( >:(

Oh yes, and last time I did I told them they could do one when they couldn't give me a next day bulk delivery slot even though they advertised that facility, with a "take it or leave it" attitude. >:( 

A local firm gave me a far better, what I required, on the ball, service 8) 8) :D ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2020, 20:29:07 »

Oh yes, and last time I did I told them they could do one when they couldn't give me a next day bulk delivery slot even though they advertised that facility, with a "take it or leave it" attitude. >:( 

A local firm gave me a far better, what I required, on the ball, service 8) 8) :D ;)

Maybe all that days bookings had been taken,.  Nobody likes being told, you can't have it yesterday, you'll have to wait till tomorrow, .. That's just Transport.
Hoof'land storeman.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2020, 11:05:15 »

Maybe all that days bookings had been taken,.  Nobody likes being told, you can't have it yesterday, you'll have to wait till tomorrow, .. That's just Transport.
its not the fact i have not got a next day delivery i cannot get in touch with them re the overpayment. incidently my delivery date was set for the 20th April. nor can i amend that

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2020, 11:18:30 »

They have presumably charged for delivery was my point...
Onanists always think outside the box.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2020, 13:49:46 »

They have presumably charged for delivery was my point...
they have also charged me full price for goods that are reduced if you buy a certain quantity or more. trying to contact them is rubbish. 3 times i went down from a queue where i was 30th, 27th, and 19th down to 2nd (twice & 3rd once ) before getting cut off. frustrating. their email gives a chance to sort it out but is automatically forwarded to a company called Resolver which send a reply email telling one that if i wish to pursue they will do so after 13days

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2020, 16:15:47 »

Less than 10 quid
are you really that bored  :-\
there's a war on, Wickes are supplying stuff for Emergency repairs ,plumbing ,electrical etc etc
supply chain is not great right now if you need stuff to fix something important for say an OAP 
just saying  :-X

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2020, 16:56:54 »

Less than 10 quid
are you really that bored  :-\
there's a war on, Wickes are supplying stuff for Emergency repairs ,plumbing ,electrical etc etc
supply chain is not great right now if you need stuff to fix something important for say an OAP 
just saying  :-X
Ray is an OAP.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2020, 17:00:48 »

Loaded then  :D ;D

probably used more money in phone calls and petrol

i understand it's the principle  :y

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2020, 17:37:54 »

This not answering the phone at all is causing problems in banking and insurance too. I got my home insurance renewal from direct line with a phone number to call. No online renewal possible.
I dialled the number and waited. Ten minutes...fifteen minutes....getting fed up, think I'll look online. Filled out all the details on the meerkat site, got the quotes, renewed with admiral. £45 cheaper with boiler cover, accidental damage cover and legal advice all thrown in.
I hung up then, though the temptation to hang on and tell them what I'd done was very strong.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 March 2020, 18:07:38 »

This not answering the phone at all is causing problems in banking and insurance too. I got my home insurance renewal from direct line with a phone number to call. No online renewal possible.
I dialled the number and waited. Ten minutes...fifteen minutes....getting fed up, think I'll look online. Filled out all the details on the meerkat site, got the quotes, renewed with admiral. £45 cheaper with boiler cover, accidental damage cover and legal advice all thrown in.
I hung up then, though the temptation to hang on and tell them what I'd done was very strong.
I've had emails from many of my insurers saying do everything online

only thing i will say is that some (the AA car ins. being one) can keep your card details and can auto renew  a policy   >:(
not great if you took another policy out with someone else and don't notice till you see it on the bank statement 6 weeks later  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 30 March 2020, 18:17:01 »

I renewed both car policies with AA, had no trouble getting through.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 March 2020, 18:47:36 »

I've had emails from many of my insurers saying do everything online

only thing i will say is that some (the AA car ins. being one) can keep your card details and can auto renew  a policy   >:(
not great if you took another policy out with someone else and don't notice till you see it on the bank statement 6 weeks later  ;D
My daughter works for the AA , she's had people realize they've been auto renewing for TWO years and they've never twigged , some people are just thick   :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 March 2020, 19:32:40 »

That would have been fine, but they could not deliver a follow up aggregate delivery until the next week, although they boast they can deliver the next day on the side of the lorry.  It was also their terrible attitude on the phone.  As I said, another major local aggregate company delivered our needs by 0900 the next day, with a super fast drop off of just 4 minutes!  That is service :y :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.