Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch battery cost.  (Read 6593 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Watch battery cost.
« Reply #30 on: 11 September 2019, 13:43:27 »

Always worn a watch from a very young age about the only time I take it off is when I'm in the bath/shower.Never had an expensive watch[my cheap ones tell the time just as well]a jewellers on the local market does battery changes for £2.50p a go so that's where I go on the few occasions when a battery is needed[they do last a good few years].

Was it a Timex? :o :D ;)

Everyone who had a watch then had a Timex! ;D ;D :y

All the boys had the same Timex for Christmas back in the sixties. The only difference being the choice between a black or silver dial.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 September 2019, 13:59:27 »

If you can buy five batteries for £1.54 including P&P it makes you wonder what they cost to produce.

About two thirds of SFA is my guess. ;)

At that price they sound like Chinese clones, which probably means a battery change every month. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 September 2019, 14:01:54 »

If you can buy five batteries for £1.54 including P&P it makes you wonder what they cost to produce.

About two thirds of SFA is my guess. ;)

At that price they sound like Chinese clones, which probably means a battery change every month. ::) ::) ::)

Yes....very likely, even though they say they are original. Time (no pun intended) will tell. Still working after a week. ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 September 2019, 13:59:05 »

Oh dear another watch thread..........

Why on earth do you need a watch ::)

Save your money.

This^^^^
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 12 September 2019, 14:35:48 »

I like wearing a watch when out and about, especially walking the dog in the woods. Don't want to be arsed pulling my phone out all of the time.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 September 2019, 15:03:37 »

I like wearing a watch when out and about, especially walking the dog in the woods. Don't want to be arsed pulling my phone out all of the time.

......................and having it whipped away you by a rogue on a motorbike or scooter! :o :o ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 12 September 2019, 15:20:30 »

......................and having it whipped away you by a rogue on a motorbike or scooter! :o :o ;D ;D ;)
They tend not to ride in the woods. Too many trees in their way.  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 September 2019, 15:46:23 »

You mean to say you haven't got lads going around on scramblers who love the challenge of going through woods, let alone everywhere else? :o :o :D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 12 September 2019, 15:48:59 »

You mean to say you haven't got lads going around on scramblers who love the challenge of going through woods, let alone everywhere else? :o :o :D ;)
Maybe in your rough area, not up here.  :P

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 September 2019, 16:41:51 »

Maybe in your rough area, not up here.  :P

Oh yes, they go everywhere around here, even across the local park.  Bloody noisy things! :o :o ;D ;D ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 September 2019, 22:17:24 »

My first watch[possibly even first couple]was indeed a Timex. :y I find a watch more convenient than mobile phone,with the phone I have to hoik it out of my pocket and get it to light up[or whatever it's called for the screen not to be blank]then replace it into pocket,with the watch it's just a quick glance at my wrist.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 September 2019, 23:57:45 »

I always wear a watch and feel naked without it.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 September 2019, 07:50:04 »

My first watch[possibly even first couple]was indeed a Timex. :y I find a watch more convenient than mobile phone,with the phone I have to hoik it out of my pocket and get it to light up[or whatever it's called for the screen not to be blank]then replace it into pocket,with the watch it's just a quick glance at my wrist.

Exactly, it is still the easiest way to know the time whenever you want to. :y :y

Besides, for people like Field Marshal Opti it must be so morale boosting flashing your Rolex (I wish I could!)  8) 8) ;D ;D ;)

« Last Edit: 13 September 2019, 07:52:50 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 September 2019, 12:21:28 »

Exactly, it is still the easiest way to know the time whenever you want to. :y :y

Besides, for people like Field Marshal Opti it must be so morale boosting flashing your Rolex (I wish I could!)  8) 8) ;D ;D ;)

Don't like Rolex watches.

There is an old saying......the only thing worse than a fake Rolex is a real one.

Rolex seem to have the uncanny knack of making a £10,000 watch look so gaudy and trashy that it looks like a £10 watch from a petrol station. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13 September 2019, 15:37:14 »

Well, Rolex is a charity, so will be a balls up from start to finish.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.