Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: new headlamps needed!  (Read 4095 times)

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
Re: new headlamps needed!
« Reply #30 on: 30 January 2013, 13:14:47 »

Ineed Omega parts like an eskimo needs ice. :D............come the better weather,I might just take a trip up to help take the piss. ;D

Sounds about right!  >:(

Oh, and Jerry, sorry if myself and the Irish Oik have hi-jacked your thread mate.  :-[
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 January 2013, 14:31:42 »

no worries Twiglet ;D. Just grateful for the help and advice!Ive just checked out the 3M and Twax headlamp restoration kits on Amazon and certainly look worth a go before I go down the unit replacement route. The estima has similar problem with its plastic lenses but theyve got condensation in them as well so guess that might be a remove bulbs and get the hairdryer on them job. If I dont have any luck I'll be sure to come back to you all so hang on to those units for a while longer if you can please Albitz as I may well take up your kind offer yet!Cheers guys :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 January 2013, 16:37:50 »

Am assuming you have a saloon and an estate,why not juzt swop the lights over for the mot
 job done.
 ive used autosol metal polish to do lenses,
Hoof'land storeman.

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 January 2013, 17:26:32 »

Am assuming you have a saloon and an estate,why not juzt swop the lights over for the mot
 job done.
 ive used autosol metal polish to do lenses,
sadly not mate, Ive got the omega saloon and the better half a Toyota import estima emina. Just that both MOTs are about the same time and though there are other bits to sort out, this year they both failed on the headlights :(

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 January 2013, 19:10:21 »

My mate who has an MOT station told me about a tin of spray he gets in sometimes. Flat the lens,s with the p2000 grade and then spray it with this can of stuff. 5 year guarentee on it. He did it first time on an XC90 Volvo, £790 per headlamp unit against £20 for this can of spray plus his labour. Will give SWMBO Hyundai a go with it and will report back.
Keith B

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 January 2013, 08:58:45 »

My mate who has an MOT station told me about a tin of spray he gets in sometimes. Flat the lens,s with the p2000 grade and then spray it with this can of stuff. 5 year guarentee on it. He did it first time on an XC90 Volvo, £790 per headlamp unit against £20 for this can of spray plus his labour. Will give SWMBO Hyundai a go with it and will report back.
Keith B
the kits arrived this morning so will give them a go as weather seems ok but reviews did point out that they only supply one wipe for the last stage which "seals" your work and that (whilst the company have sent these customers more on request F.O.C) the problem is that oxidisation could occur reasonably quickly afterwards so if you can get the name of the spray Keith I'll check it out if it prolongs the life of the work done :y

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 January 2013, 15:33:55 »

just done the mig's lamps with the turtlewax kit . Had to go back and do them twice before I did the final sealing stage but the difference is certainly very noticeable and no doubt will notice it more tonight when Ill check out performance on local country roads. Once Ive got rid of the condensation in them I'll do the estima tommorrow and hope for similar improvement. I know the proof will only come when they retest them but £14.49 v £100+ (£303 in the esti's case!!)? No brainer really  :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.