Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Saloon or Estate?  (Read 2659 times)

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
Re: Saloon or Estate?
« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2007, 15:09:03 »

Trouble is once you have an estate everyone becomes your friend for moving stuff.

I know what you mean - I have a transit van and get called upon lots for dumping stuff, moving, picking up washing machines etc.

Back to the question - I would not have an estate (as I have the van) but I think that estates are prone to opportunist break ins as people tend to think that there is something good hiding under that load cover.

Another thing I have noticed on my travels is that the doors on the estates do not seem to be effected by the rust issue.

It is a question of do you need the extra load space?  If yes, then get the estate.  If no then get the saloon.

Hope this helps
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2007, 16:13:42 »

Another thing I have noticed on my travels is that the doors on the estates do not seem to be effected by the rust issue.

..I wish that was correct (actually I've never had a saloon , so they may be worse).  My 98 estate has corrosion on one door under the seal at the top,  and at odd corners at the rear.  Funnily enough my 94 estate is nothing like as bad (although wheel arches are starting to show)

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 May 2007, 18:40:48 »

Mines pretty much rust free apart from the usual, paint starting to lift slightly on the tailgate underneath the window rubber under the wiper arm.

Mick

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 May 2007, 18:56:12 »

:(I have a theory on what causes the rust at the top of the doors, mine only has one door showing rust.How many of us use a power washer to clean our pride and joy,could it be that using a high pressure washer forces water up & under the seal and there it sits gradually eating away at the metal.I use a power washer and have lowerd the amount of time that i spend in one place. Just a theory.discuss.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 May 2007, 19:01:03 »

I think water will creep in anywhere were the sealing poor, capillary action and all that, whether at high pressure or not.

Mick

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 May 2007, 19:21:13 »

I plan to replace the door in the near future and will rust prof he bit under the seal in an attempt to cure this problem for the next  few years,

Gary.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.