Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 1751   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3013825 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #225 on: 21 May 2011, 22:36:02 »

Fuel lines tomorrow.  8-)

Guessing that means you're nearly there then... Who's got to do the electrickery for you this time... Kevin or TB? ::) ;D
Am I soldering next weekend then ::)
Well, hoping not to encroach in LD's jobs list too much. See how it goes. Is it a long job?
Is it just the 4 in the relay box, the 4/5 in the gas tight box, and the switch/buzzer ones?  2hrs at most if the relay box ones don't fight back too much...
Hopefully just the relay box stuff. Should be able to handle the other stuff.

It's cutting into the loom by the plug that gives me the willys.  :-/

Man Up and get on with it! ;D ;D ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 21 May 2011, 22:40:11 »

Today Mathew I have been mostly ruining the paintwork on my bonnet while trying to repair stone chips after watching howto's on Youtube  ::) :( ;D
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

BlueBridge

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • 3.0 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 22 May 2011, 16:32:32 »

Replaced the drivers door handle, after several weeks of having to get in via the passenger side. Jobs a goodun :y
Thanks to the forum for the door card removal guide.

Jon
Jon

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 22 May 2011, 17:24:16 »

Haven't done anything to my own car, but I noticed that a mate in work's car was sounding rough when starting up and pulling away. In fact it sounded worse than a deisel. So at the end of work today we had a look under the bonnet (a 2006 Mini Cooper).
   Turns out he hasn't changed the oil since he's had it, at least 40,000 miles ago  ::)

Had a look at the dipstick and the treacle oil is only just registering on the bottom, waaaay below the minimum. The header tank is only half full of opaque, brown water which has splashed all over the engine at some point and stained it all, and he just hasn't got a clue about looking after his car at all

I just wonder how these people expect their cars to keep going, they pay through the nose for the best they can afford and think they look after themselves  :(
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

feeutfo

« Reply #229 on: 22 May 2011, 17:59:03 »

Haven't done anything to my own car, but I noticed that a mate in work's car was sounding rough when starting up and pulling away. In fact it sounded worse than a deisel. So at the end of work today we had a look under the bonnet (a 2006 Mini Cooper).
   Turns out he hasn't changed the oil since he's had it, at least 40,000 miles ago  ::)

Had a look at the dipstick and the treacle oil is only just registering on the bottom, waaaay below the minimum. The header tank is only half full of opaque, brown water which has splashed all over the engine at some point and stained it all, and he just hasn't got a clue about looking after his car at all

I just wonder how these people expect their cars to keep going, they pay through the nose for the best they can afford and think they look after themselves  :(
Typical BMW owner. What does he do, out of interest....?

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 22 May 2011, 18:02:10 »

Manager in a supermarket, like me
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

feeutfo

« Reply #231 on: 22 May 2011, 18:13:20 »

Manager in a supermarket, like me
I knew it!  ;D.   ...and your not a BMW owner, clearly. So it's ok for you to be a manager. Just don't buy a Beemer, OK?  ;);D
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 18:13:54 by chrisgixer »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 22 May 2011, 19:02:45 »

Looked at my Omegas longingly as I clumbered into the back of a Hyundai i10 for a 120m round trip, only to be pleasantly surprised how little I ached at the end...
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #233 on: 22 May 2011, 19:18:36 »

Looked at my Omegas longingly as I clumbered into the back of a Hyundai i10 for a 120m round trip, only to be pleasantly surprised how little I ached at the end...

A future replacement for TBE?  ;D

All I did was get in, drive to Detling in Kent to be slightly underwhelmed by a field full of (very few) kit cars, wedged myself into a few Cobra replicas, got slightly insulted by one of the manufacturers and then drove home .. which would have been a nice cruise in the sun but was ruined by 7 chavs in a Zafira who decided to sit on my back bumper when they caught me in roadworks traffic, then undertake me, cut me up and do 2mph more than the middle lane for about 20 miles while washing their windscreen and looking back & laughing at me (as I was in the MR2 with the roof down, I presume they thought I was getting wet..).

Finally found a bit of clear road as myself & the Maserati behind me undertook them (which prompted them to try to ram me off the road) and I found the rev limiter in 3rd gear.

Bloody Vauxhall ow...er I mean..  ;D

albitz

« Reply #234 on: 22 May 2011, 21:02:44 »

Plenum/fanimold/LPG gubbins/ inlet plate/coolant bridge/ oil cooler plate/ oil cooler off. Cleaned up all the crap which had congealed around everything in the V of the engine. Put cooler and cooler plate back on - with a fresh smear of grey sealant around the plate.
Tomorrow - on 2 wheels to VX for dowty washers and banjo bolt washers. Then put everything else back together.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 21:03:36 by albitz »

feeutfo

« Reply #235 on: 22 May 2011, 22:12:37 »

Today I have been mostly...

Getting grit in me eye while fitting fuel line clips... While I lay on me back, head under the car, next doors cat wondered over and curled up on my chest ;D ... WTF is that...  "ah!  Hello Bonnie". As she licked me nose.  ;D

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 23 May 2011, 08:53:35 »

intended to finish fitting the new exhaust to the Holden and to rebuild the gearbox and fit the aluminium flywheel and new clutch. Oh yes, and change the headers, too.

fell down on the knackered spigot bearing, so didn't get finished. Anyone got a spigot bearing for an LS1 Chevy engine ?

still, managed to get a caliper and the exhaust changed on the Disco.

feeutfo

« Reply #237 on: 23 May 2011, 09:11:51 »

intended to finish fitting the new exhaust to the Holden and to rebuild the gearbox and fit the aluminium flywheel and new clutch. Oh yes, and change the headers, too.

fell down on the knackered spigot bearing, so didn't get finished. Anyone got a spigot bearing for an LS1 Chevy engine ?

Is this Holden work on the latest one?

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #238 on: 23 May 2011, 11:40:23 »

Well I've finally squeezed the Miggy into me garage (that was a work of art in itself). Now to start work on that major service - Oil, air, fuel filters, leaky oil cooler plate to sort out, new plugs, and new camcover seals too.Take off plenum & give breathers a bloomin good cleanin (well & truely gunked up). Then front wheels jacked up & off to check discs & pads and creaky rattling noise at front off-side. Repeat disc & pad check at rear & maybe adjust handbrake. I might be finished by teatime  ;D ;D ;D  ..................
..........next week!!! :D :D :D

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 23 May 2011, 15:57:01 »

Is this Holden work on the latest one?

yes - it's getting a trans rebuild & some other stuff. Nice big knobbly cam on the way, too
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 1751   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.