Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC classic car show  (Read 3644 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
NEC classic car show
« on: 27 October 2016, 07:58:10 »

Hi all, I am again at the NEC for this years clasic car show. We are in hall 5 and featuring a Monza gSE, LC and Nitros VXR8 "Snot Monster". Pop along and say hello if you are attending. There are some ticket discounts available if buying onli e

Keith, ABS

ted_one

Re: NEC classic car show
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2016, 10:51:36 »

Yeah,just got back after three days up at the NEC with the ABS boys,absolutely the dogs, never saw any of you tight arses there though ::) :)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2016, 10:55:03 »

Wish I could have gone. But I'm too tight!!!  :D

I do try and make the pilgrimage every year, only the third I've missed in about ten years, I think. Hope all who went had a good one, inc yourself, nitro  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ted_one

« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2016, 12:08:08 »

Absolutely rammed with thousands of people and hundreds of absolutely pristine cars.....car Mecca :y My VXR8 pulled the biggest crowd when the Green Flag technician turned up to try and get into my car and retrieve my car keys umm ::).....locked in the boot :-[ ...think the crowd thought that it was perhaps a staged demo......nope! and it was also a fail!! which then meant a 200+mile round trip thrash home for the spare keys, note to self..remember to take the spare keys to the meet/shows, because as Forest Gump once said ''stupid is, as stupid does'' and I guess that's me told ::)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2016, 17:22:45 »

Yep went along on Saturday with my sons and my dad, looked around all five halls!!! (I can remember when it barely filled two!)

Had a nosey on the ABS stand but everyone seemed engrossed in conversation, did get a good nose at Dave Waddingtons LC - was down on my knees pointing out to my eldest son where they rust!

ted_one

« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2016, 18:37:15 »

The LC drew a lot of attention throughout the three days,and without doubt they are still a much sought after classic.Sorry if we were flapping our gums when you came :)

Omega VT3000

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2016, 20:23:28 »

The only real break I got from standing by the LC talking to people about it was when I buggered off to look round the halls.

I have hardly been able to speak today - much to my wife's delight  :y

Ken, what you failed to mention was that your 300 mile round trip took less than 4 hours in a CLS63 Merc  ::)

ted_one

« Reply #7 on: 14 November 2016, 21:28:46 »

Yes apologies for that,certainly an impressive car...reaches warp speed extremely quickly :o and G-force is really noticeable reaching said speed,also extremely grateful to Chris(ABS) member for getting me out of the doo doo and doing the honours of getting me home and back with the spare key in record time. :y
« Last Edit: 14 November 2016, 21:33:09 by nitro »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.