Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading standard Elite Philips amp system  (Read 2080 times)

bestseany

• Intermediate Member
  • Flintshire, North Wales
    • View Profile
Upgrading standard Elite Philips amp system
« on: 11 January 2007, 14:06:43 »

I've got a 97 Omega Elite and I've recently changed the head unit to a Pioneer. All good so far.

I don't have the Bose system, but I do have the Philips system with the amp next to the spare wheel and the small bass speakers under the parcel shelf.

The current bass and volume is OK, but I want to be able to really turn it up sometimes, which at the moment just makes it distort. I've already got a 12" sub and a Vibe VP4 monoblock that I salvaged from my old car before I sold it, I just haven't fitted it yet. I'm also looking at getting a half-decent 4-channel amp for the door speakers.

When I amped all the door speakers in my old Cav, it was a right pain as I had to run speakers wires from the boot to the front of the car and it took ages. My question is, will it be possible to just connect the 4-channel amp up to the existing loom for the Philips amp? Anyone have a wiring diagram for it so I know which wires to use?

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrading standard Elite Philips amp system
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2007, 16:29:15 »

Ok, good news first.... yes you can do it that way. :)

I am a little suprised it is working ok though. I had the same setup but the output from my old Pioneer headunit (DEH-P7700MP) was too high for the inputs on the Philips amp and made it trip out!

Anyway. I will see if I can find out the wiring information for the Philips setup.
If not, I have no doubt one of the others will be able to provide the information. :)

The Administrator.

bestseany

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2007, 09:15:50 »

Ok, good news first.... yes you can do it that way. :)

I am a little suprised it is working ok though. I had the same setup but the output from my old Pioneer headunit (DEH-P7700MP) was too high for the inputs on the Philips amp and made it trip out!

Anyway. I will see if I can find out the wiring information for the Philips setup.
If not, I have no doubt one of the others will be able to provide the information. :)

I wasn't sure if it was going to work to be honest, but it works fine. Even the little bass speakers work OK. It's still no substitute for a real amp and sub though.

I'd appreciate a wiring diagram, as it'll help me no end. Still undecided on whether to keep the car at the moment, but if I do then I'll be doing this soon.

Do you reckon it's safe to put amps and sub in the boot with LPG gas tank?  :-?
« Last Edit: 12 January 2007, 09:16:29 by bestseany »

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2007, 09:23:41 »

I see no reason why it should be a problem as long as you do the setup properly. :)

I'll look for that wiring diagram over the weekend.
The Administrator.

bestseany

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2007, 09:32:27 »

I see no reason why it should be a problem as long as you do the setup properly. :)

Thanks  :y

I was just thinking about the excess vibrations in the boot causing problems with the high pressure tank. Maybe I'm just worrying too much  ::)

bestseany

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2007, 12:49:19 »

Any luck finding that wiring diagram mate?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.