Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1998 Mv6 help required please :)  (Read 2571 times)

Steve W

• Somerset
    • View Profile
1998 Mv6 help required please :)
« on: 12 July 2006, 21:28:43 »

This will be a longish post, so my apologies but i really want to get this sorted

After ignoring my 1998 3.0 MV6 estate since february when it broke down on me (crank sensor) it has covered approximately 6 miles.
Basically the time has come when I really need to sort it out, MOT it, and move it on to someone who will use it more than I.

Problem 1:

Back in January i changed the ABS module and thermostat, so the car heated up and also to get my speedo and ABS back. That worked fine but ever since then the car has no idle when it is cold, and the only way to keep it running and to start it is to hold your foot gently on the accelerator. (Not ideal as its an auto...). However when it is warm it idles perfectly.
When I changed the bits I removed the plenum, both parts of the inlet manifold, the battery, ECU and basically anything that gave me access to the ABS module (which was a nightmare to do.) I have checked all the small vacuum lines thanks to Marks new diagrams and all are intact, connected and routed correctly. All the electrics are connected. I would think idle control valve, but before I did the work all was well; it idled and ran fine, it just didn't get warm.

Problem 2:

This is more of a minor irritation than a problem but when I bought the car the auto box was shafted. It slipped, jumped out of gear, wouldn't go into gear, kept going into limp mode and lots of other niggles. Anyway, long story short the dealer had the car back, changed the box and everything was better, except one niggle it has done with both boxes.
When it changes up its smooth with no problems, but when it changes in to fourth, quite frequently, it is almost as if it changes straight into "lock up" top, the revs drop right down it can just make B road progress a bit jerky really.

Sorry for the long posts but I really want to get it sorted as the car deserves more than to sit idle on my drive for ever more.

Thanks

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: 1998 Mv6 help required please :)
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2006, 21:33:02 »

I'm guessing there may be an air leak, perhaps plenuum o rings dislodged slightly?

The autobox lockup that appears at around 50mph (if taking it very easy) may jerk a little.  Maybe an oil/filter change of gearbox oil may help, certainly wont harm.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.