Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 68953 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #45 on: 14 November 2018, 12:42:00 »

I think that neatly sums it up.

I wait with bated breath. 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 November 2018, 12:51:56 »

Cancel all my previous optimism, it looks like Mother Theresa has got zero chance of convincing anyone to back this plan. We hadn't talked about it for a while and I'm sorry I resurrected it now.

Glum of Barnsley.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

It can't be easy to be upbeat and optimistic whilst living in Barnsley. :)

STEMO

« Reply #47 on: 14 November 2018, 12:58:20 »

Brexit as I understand it is a situation where......

1....We won't pay billions  to the EU each year, and we certainly won't pay 39 billion to leave. :)

2...We will not be part of ANY customs union. :)

3....The 350 million we save each week by not paying the EU will go to the NHS. :)

4.... We will trade freely with the rest of the world. :)

5....The EU will have no control of our laws. :)

6.....The EU 27 will collectively 'drop to their knees' and give us everything we demand......because they need us more than we need them. :)

7.....We will take back control and give the EU a bloody nose. They'll know not to mess with us again. :)
I agree with all of that :y

Except, maybe, points 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 14 November 2018, 13:05:36 »

Brexit as I understand it is a situation where......

1....We won't pay billions  to the EU each year, and we certainly won't pay 39 billion to leave. :)

2...We will not be part of ANY customs union. :)

3....The 350 million we save each week by not paying the EU will go to the NHS. :)

4.... We will trade freely with the rest of the world. :)

5....The EU will have no control of our laws. :)

6.....The EU 27 will collectively 'drop to their knees' and give us everything we demand......because they need us more than we need them. :)

7.....We will take back control and give the EU a bloody nose. They'll know not to mess with us again. :)
I agree with all of that :y

Except, maybe, points 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7.  :)

Living in Barnsley with all those  'untrustworthy dark foreign types' has made you disagreeable. :)

.......or am I getting Barnsley confused with Bradford? :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14 November 2018, 13:07:35 »

None of the chatter really matters. Its highly unlikely her deal will get through the commons, as it seems designed to piss off everyone on all sides.
Hopefully the Tories will finally grow a pair and get rid of her after the commons vote, then it all starts over again.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 14 November 2018, 13:10:35 »

None of the chatter really matters. Its highly unlikely her deal will get through the commons, as it seems designed to piss off everyone on all sides.
Hopefully the Tories will finally grow a pair and get rid of her after the commons vote, then it all starts over again.

I'm starting to think that Brexit isn't going exactly to plan. :)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 14 November 2018, 13:12:15 »

Why would anyone in their right mind want to be part of the EU "Empire" (in the words of the French finance minister) with its own army. What trade bloc needs an army? Who do they intend fighting, unless it's recalcitrant Europeans like the Hungarians, Italians, Slovaks, Poles, etc.

The EU is also hopelessly undemocratic. Anyone on here vote for Junker or Verhofstadt? No, thought not.

Just wait until you find that there is no new individual content on YouTube owing to the EU's impending copyright rules. Oh, and wait until all vehicles require insurance whether or not they are used on public roads (you can thank an aggrieved Slovenia farmer for that).

Oh, and does anyone think that the EU's GDPR laws are anything but a waste of time and money?

The main thing is that the multinational/global corporations (so loved by the left ;) ) think it's wonderful as it stifles competition and helps the fat cats line their pockets.

Essentially, the EU is a pile of poo and, like the former Yugoslavia and Soviet Union, will eventually fall apart – probably with similar amounts of violence. However, by then, the UK as we once knew it, will be unrecognisable.

Still, as long as people don't need to queue at airports, that's all that matters.  ::) ::)   

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14 November 2018, 13:18:36 »

I'm starting to think that Brexit isn't going exactly to plan. :)

Plan? :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #53 on: 14 November 2018, 13:19:28 »

I just couldn't care less any more. Perhaps this was May's plan all along, beat us into apathy.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 14 November 2018, 13:21:04 »

I just couldn't care less any more. Perhaps this was May's plan all along, beat us into apathy.
There it is again!
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #55 on: 14 November 2018, 13:23:49 »

There it is again!
;D ;D

Or..perhaps her plan is to push her party into sacking her, so she can retire to obscurity, with a nice few bob and a sense of relief.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 14 November 2018, 13:28:42 »

There it is again!

There is a plan. A cunning plan devised by a certain Mr Baldrick based on his personal experience of life in the trenches during WW1. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 14 November 2018, 13:40:56 »

I suspect that in a decade when Mrs May is gone and has left this country as effectively a colony of the EU thanks to her efforts.  News will emerge that she has been living in a splendid Villa on the Riviera, Amalfi Coast, Algarve or somewhere equally glamorous on the continent.  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 14 November 2018, 13:51:49 »

I suspect that in a decade when Mrs May is gone and has left this country as effectively a colony of the EU thanks to her efforts.  News will emerge that she has been living in a splendid Villa on the Riviera, Amalfi Coast, Algarve or somewhere equally glamorous on the continent.  :-X

Abandoned goat farm in the hills of Extramadura. in inland Spain would be more appropriate.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 14 November 2018, 13:55:18 »

The truth is that amidst all the hysteria, there are only a few so far who have seen the so called deal!  ::)

The omens are not good though given all the consessions she's made so far......

IE.

UK: If we don't get a good deal, we cannot guarantee to cooperate on security.
EU: That's not very nice.
UK: Oh sorry. Of course we will guarantee to cooperate with Europe's security whatever the outcome.
EU: Thanks, but you can't use Galileo.

;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.