Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What a bag of sh!te  (Read 6642 times)

aaronjb

Re: What a bag of sh!te
« Reply #45 on: 21 May 2018, 11:58:25 »

I can find out who it is, if you like - it might have been the other half of someone there, come to think of it. Either way, they rented a VW and took off around Wales in the middle of winter (brave!) stopping wherever with no set plans and loved it so much they decided to convert their own van over the next few months (because, as you know, buying one ready made is eye-wateringly expensive!)

I think you are looking a significant scale above them, though  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 21 May 2018, 19:57:10 »

To be fair, that’s the aim. The reality will depend on the length of our drive when we move  :y

VW is the fallback option. Mostly because if it doesn’t suit us and we jack the idea in I’d wager I could sell it break even/small profit. We got the idea after a similar holiday on the Isle of Wight in a “log cabin”. Took the dog and just hit the beach every day. Downside was the £600 bill for 4-5days.

STEMO

« Reply #47 on: 21 May 2018, 20:09:08 »

To be fair, that’s the aim. The reality will depend on the length of our drive when we move  :y

VW is the fallback option. Mostly because if it doesn’t suit us and we jack the idea in I’d wager I could sell it break even/small profit. We got the idea after a similar holiday on the Isle of Wight in a “log cabin”. Took the dog and just hit the beach every day. Downside was the £600 bill for 4-5days.
Try North Yorkshire, a week in a half decent cottage up there in summer is close to a grand.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2018, 20:19:58 »

Yup, s bonkers, s more than £500/wk near where my folks live, and that has no features of interest other than being a bit near Ludlow.

We have a lot of beautiful country to explore, but I’m not willing to do it at £120-150 per night (if you’re lucky enough to find places that take muts).  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #49 on: 21 May 2018, 20:39:15 »

Cottages for you used to charge £25 for the dog, but they seem to have dropped it now. What really cheeses you off, after you've paid your £900 or whatever, is if it pisses it down all week. I've seen us come home on the Wednesday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.