Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Poll

Who would you like to be the next leader of the Conservative Party and PM of the UK?

Boris Johnson
Jeremy Hunt

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The Runners and Riders!  (Read 28255 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: The Runners and Riders!
« Reply #60 on: 29 May 2019, 13:29:15 »

Surely to meet the diversity quote it will have to be Leadsom or Javid....

Girlie. Not appropriate for the job. Would be out of her depth.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29 May 2019, 13:33:50 »

Like the present incumbent?

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 29 May 2019, 13:43:41 »

Like the present incumbent?

Ron.

Yep...but on the positive side I'm sure that both girls are more than capable of making a delicious Victoria sponge for their respective husbands. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 29 May 2019, 13:56:50 »

Looks like Boris has been nobbled. Someone is taking him to court for misconduct in public office. He,s probably guilty of that, but what politician isn't ?  ::)

It is over  the 350 million bus claim whilst in public office. Fair enough. Will we also see all the riders on both sides that made extravagant claims ( project fear for example) in court too?

Like I keep saying Boris is damaged goods. He shouldn't have stood and left the way open forSteve Baker.

The difference is Varche that the £350 million claim was proved to be false, when the other claims could not be, and still not could be, whilst Boris kept on preaching that message.  He was officially warned it was false.  He decided to maintain that stance, and now thank goodness he is going to be brought to book over this. :y :y

He would be an absolute disaster as a Prime Minister. :(

I've always been astonished that people think that what was written on the side of the bus was a promise to pay the NHS £350 million a week.   ::)

It was a suggestion certainly, but not a promise and the funny thing is that it seems to be the superior more intelligent, better educated remainy types who seem to think it was a promise.  :-\  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 29 May 2019, 14:36:48 »

Looks like Boris has been nobbled. Someone is taking him to court for misconduct in public office. He,s probably guilty of that, but what politician isn't ?  ::)

It is over  the 350 million bus claim whilst in public office. Fair enough. Will we also see all the riders on both sides that made extravagant claims ( project fear for example) in court too?

Like I keep saying Boris is damaged goods. He shouldn't have stood and left the way open forSteve Baker.

The difference is Varche that the £350 million claim was proved to be false, when the other claims could not be, and still not could be, whilst Boris kept on preaching that message.  He was officially warned it was false.  He decided to maintain that stance, and now thank goodness he is going to be brought to book over this. :y :y

He would be an absolute disaster as a Prime Minister. :(

I've always been astonished that people think that what was written on the side of the bus was a promise to pay the NHS £350 million a week.   ::)

It was a suggestion certainly, but not a promise and the funny thing is that it seems to be the superior more intelligent, better educated remainy types who seem to think it was a promise.  :-\  :D

It was false advertising which if stated alongside a product being sold on TV or in the general media would have been banned.  It was a blatant lie, and although it was proved to be at the time, general Joe Public who wanted to Leave still went along with it as once you advertise anything, true or false, a percentage will always believe it, especially if they believe in Boris.  He put his name to it and now, hopefully, he will pay for that con. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 29 May 2019, 15:11:21 »

The UK gross contribution to the EU in 2016 was £19 billion. After the rebate it was £14 billion.
So £350 million a week doesn't sound far out to me.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29 May 2019, 15:32:22 »

It may have been more honest to use the post rebate figure, but then again that will more than likely soon disappear had we stayed in.
Anyway, if we start taking politicians to court for telling lies, the courts are going to be permanently busy.
Hopefully someone will reciprocate with Cameron / Osborne for the lies they told during the campaign.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #67 on: 29 May 2019, 16:57:50 »

Wasn't Gove standing alongside Boris when he made this claim?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29 May 2019, 17:18:21 »

The UK gross contribution to the EU in 2016 was £19 billion. After the rebate it was £14 billion.

I will repeat again:

"The UK Statistics Authority, whilst the bus was still going around, made it clear that "£350 million" claim was "misleading and undermines trust in official statistics”as the net figure actually paid to the EU, after all considerations such as rebates and payments from the EU, according to Sir Andrew Dilnot, the chair of the authority, was nearer £136 million per week."

That was and still is the official version, not imagination or the lie of someone like Boris ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29 May 2019, 17:24:33 »

Yes, but it was more accurate accounting than Diane Abbott's! ;D

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29 May 2019, 18:55:46 »

I will repeat again:

"The UK Statistics Authority, whilst the bus was still going around, made it clear that "£350 million" claim was "misleading and undermines trust in official statistics”as the net figure actually paid to the EU, after all considerations such as rebates and payments from the EU, according to Sir Andrew Dilnot, the chair of the authority, was nearer £136 million per week."

That was and still is the official version, not imagination or the lie of someone like Boris ;)

I believe Sir Andrews figures to be crap. It appears he includes the money returned to this country by way of EU spending/ grants. That shouldn't be deducted from our contribution figures as we have no say on how it is spent.
Much of it is spent in educational institutions to brainwash students, as evidenced by your very muddled political assertions.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29 May 2019, 19:28:30 »

I will repeat again:

I believe Sir Andrews figures to be crap. It appears he includes the money returned to this country by way of EU spending/ grants. That shouldn't be deducted from our contribution figures as we have no say on how it is spent.
Much of it is spent in educational institutions to brainwash students, as evidenced by your very muddled political assertions.

Oh dear, here come the personal insults ::) ::)

Let us just agree, like the rest of the nation, we have different view points ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 30 May 2019, 13:23:16 »

as we have no say on how it is spent.
Do we ever?  I have no say whatsoever on what my taxes are spent on either.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 30 May 2019, 14:14:16 »

Our elected representatives decide how our UK taxes are wasted spent. At least we can get rid of them every five years and elect a different bunch of idiots to waste our money. ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 30 May 2019, 17:58:28 »

Our elected representatives decide how our UK taxes are wasted spent. At least we can get rid of them every five years and elect a different bunch of idiots to waste our money. ;)
True, but in reality the whole country is run by the civil servants, not matter what knobs are fronting it.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.