Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Royal papworth hospital.  (Read 1522 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
New Royal papworth hospital.
« on: 01 July 2019, 15:00:28 »

Well, I've brought somebody here today, and must say, what a nice shiney new place, checking in by a touch screen,  comfy chairs, free WiFi, Lovely staff as usual.  And bus journey door to door (guided busway)

Still lots of bods wandering about with a piece of paper/file trying to look like they are working.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

Re: New Royal papworth hospital.
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2019, 15:10:23 »

Very nice. Do you think your patient will get better medical care in this shiny environment?  ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2019, 15:24:11 »

Very nice. Do you think your patient will get better medical care in this shiny environment?  ::)

I've been to other departments on the addenbrookes site, and cannot fault the care or service I've received. Hospitals up tut north might be grim..but us around here are blessed with  good Hospitals,no matter what some may say.
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2019, 15:27:37 »

Your lucky. Hospitals in Essex (especially Colchester) aren't fit for purpose.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2019, 15:33:09 »

I've been to other departments on the addenbrookes site, and cannot fault the care or service I've received. Hospitals up tut north might be grim..but us around here are blessed with  good Hospitals,no matter what some may say.
Liverpool has more hospitals than your average county and, apparently, care is very good. Barnsley are in the top 10% for waiting and treatment times, so not grim by any means. But I stand by my point that money spent on new, shiny things would be better spent on patient care.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2019, 15:57:49 »

Liverpool has more hospitals than your average county and, apparently, care is very good. Barnsley are in the top 10% for waiting and treatment times, so not grim by any means. But I stand by my point that money spent on new, shiny things would be better spent on patient care.

Which is why they built the new hospital, the old papworth,had outgrown it's surroundings, and needed to expand, so they built a new one on the medical campus, at Addenbrookes, which allows them to use all the hospitals resources,... This improving patient care.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2019, 16:02:32 »

Which is why they built the new hospital, the old papworth,had outgrown it's surroundings, and needed to expand, so they built a new one on the medical campus, at Addenbrookes, which allows them to use all the hospitals resources,... This improving patient care.
Then this is a good thing. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2019, 18:11:31 »

I must say, as one of the NHS' biggest critics, I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of Addenbrookes in Cambridge when I took my mum to A&E about 3yrs ago, following breaking her wrist by going A over T on some steps.

Shame other trusts can't be bothered to do anything to improve efficiency. Oxford University Trust is particularly bad by insisting everyone in the county goes to the JR in the centre of Oxford, that's not reachable by car, and has no parking if you do overcome that.  And when you get there, the waste and inefficiency is unbelievable.
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2019, 20:55:56 »

Well, I've brought somebody here today, and must say, what a nice shiney new place, checking in by a touch screen,  comfy chairs, free WiFi, Lovely staff as usual.  And bus journey door to door (guided busway)

Still lots of bods wandering about with a piece of paper/file trying to look like they are working.
Will find out for ourselves on Wednesday, as i have to take SWMBO for her check up after her triple bypass op.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2019, 21:57:25 »

Me and my big gob.

Arrived at 1500 for a 1600 appointment, at 1630 made enquiry about delay, went in at 1650,,, sorry for the delay, some unedumacated u derling has booked to many people in, but we're getting thro them, sorry to have kept you,,,, came out at 1830, quick samwedge, back home 2030, even the bus was late, and they've moved the bus stops, bloody bus company, so had to walk to outpatients bus stop... All done.  :y
Hoof'land storeman.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 July 2019, 23:12:19 »

Took SWMBO for her appointment this morning. Very impressive, multi-story car park just next door, 4quid for a couple of hours if you have an appointment letter. Talked to the nurse who was taking wifeys details and she said the place is great for patients but staff facilities and parking etc. are ill thought out. Small staff rooms, nowhere to take breaks and losing staff at quite a rate. Even wifes consultant wasn,t very impressed when i asked him. Shame.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 July 2019, 07:38:23 »

They seem to want the staff to use the on-site food areas, also the staffing problem is down to the cost of car parking which they pay, and the commute, lots of the staff have a 1hour+ drive, know some staff who left when it moved to the addenbrookes site, because of the driving, most have found other jobs locally at Hinchinbrooke, and local doctors surgeries.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.