Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted - FL sunroof motor/controller complete  (Read 2181 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Wanted - FL sunroof motor/controller complete
« on: 19 July 2016, 22:01:30 »

As the title really .. sunroof has started being stupid .. opens perfectly well but can take anything up to 30-40 presses and up to half an hour to close.. which is pretty useless when it starts to rain !! stripped it down and cleaned it all as per the guide .. no difference .. so looking to replace the motor controller as a one piece job ..  :(

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted - FL sunroof motor/controller complete
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2016, 19:01:28 »

were/are the later ecu's any better or more reliable than the early ones as mine is being silly again as well, as per your post i have stripped it out and cleaned the disc and was better for a while but not for long.
will watch this with intrest.
good luck with your search.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2016, 21:27:10 »

As the title really .. sunroof has started being stupid .. opens perfectly well but can take anything up to 30-40 presses and up to half an hour to close.. which is pretty useless when it starts to rain !! stripped it down and cleaned it all as per the guide .. no difference .. so looking to replace the motor controller as a one piece job ..  :(

will check to see what I have down the parts shed Nige, if I have one ill give you a call over the next few days. :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2016, 23:56:19 »

will check to see what I have down the parts shed Nige, if I have one ill give you a call over the next few days. :y

It's a star that you are !!  :)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2016, 15:36:58 »

Sorry Nige but it looks like that's the one part I have not got in the old parts shed. :'(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2016, 16:08:51 »

Sorry Nige but it looks like that's the one part I have not got in the old parts shed. :'(

No problem , thanks for looking .. the search continues .....  :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2016, 16:12:08 »

mmm found one on t'web .. "omegaspareparts" .. anyone used them ??   £35.00

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2016, 07:23:40 »

mmm found one on t'web .. "omegaspareparts" .. anyone used them ??   £35.00

Up by the airport Nige used him a few times years ago. :y

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2016, 21:20:54 »

Good bloke ,had some headlights off him absolutely fine  :y
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2016, 11:55:08 »

Many thanks to all ..

yup .. he has proved to be an excellent trader .. very fast, very helpful.. unfortunately to no avail .... and unable to provide the other bit .... if the mods could lock this one I'll start a new one ....  :(

Ta
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.