Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MV6 PICS (IRMSCHER KIT)  (Read 4780 times)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Re: MV6 PICS (IRMSCHER KIT)
« Reply #15 on: 15 January 2007, 16:09:48 »

No sadly it doesnt, just the normal seats. Just put in 40psi all round and its made the world of difference to the handling,plus a new airfilter,again with massive improvements on performance. I see your near you may see me around in mold.

40 PSI seems a bit high! Depends on the tyres but I find somewhere around 36 usually gives a nice balance of tyre stiffness and grip (contact patch size).

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 January 2007, 16:11:47 »

Paul

LOVE that 840  :y you MUST bring it to Jockular Omegas  :-/

Cheers, but I think I'd get some strange looks turning up to an Omega meet in a BMW :D Besides it's an ideal opportunity for some troubleshooting help  ;)

ohmegod

• Mold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 January 2007, 16:14:50 »

No sadly it doesnt, just the normal seats. Just put in 40psi all round and its made the world of difference to the handling,plus a new airfilter,again with massive improvements on performance. I see your near you may see me around in mold.

40 PSI seems a bit high! Depends on the tyres but I find somewhere around 36 usually gives a nice balance of tyre stiffness and grip (contact patch size).

Yes i alway thaught it was high,but ive owned 2 cars now were the manufacture quote high pressures. ........A Integra type-r (40psi all round)and the xsara vts(39psi all round).All high pressures.......It does feel good,more sprightly and light.Its certainly improved my handling by about 40%.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2007, 16:15:50 by ohmegod »

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 January 2007, 17:08:37 »

Interesting... it probably does improve the feel and handling, at least on good surfaces, but ultimately may also reduce grip as the profile of the contact patch is changed. The science of getting the best compromises with tyres is mega complex, so I guess what feels subjectively best for you is the pressure to go with. Just keep an eye on the wear pattern, assuming your geometry is well set up it can tell you a lot about the effect of your pressure on the contact patch, and also to an extent your driving style  :D

Most of all though, have fun! I think in the manual 3.0 MV6 we share the most satisfying model, in terms of driving dynamics, of the Omega range (with the possible exception of the uber-rare manual 3.2 MV6) :y

Omega_MV6

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 January 2007, 14:04:40 »

Nice car. It hasn't got the Irmscher bodykit though...

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 January 2007, 23:26:26 »

Lovely MV6 you have there mate.

Does it have leather?

Is that right????  I know mine are only 16's but sit at 30psi - 36 under full load.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #21 on: 17 January 2007, 01:23:47 »

We are getting a right little North East Wales pocket of users here!
Mold, Quay, Saltney....

sounds like someone should organise something ;)

sadly I moved away a few years ago....   but I still visit regular like..   and travel to Ireland from Holyhead a couple of times a year as well..... have to get my Rhuallt hill "fix" see....... :D   (not to mention carrying equipment....  so flying is out...  conveniently... )  

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

bestseany

• Intermediate Member
  • Flintshire, North Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 January 2007, 14:57:44 »

Does it have leather?

The normal seats are still nice though mate.

I didn't notice that you're from Mold. I live in Connah's Quay, although I spend most my time in Ellesmere Port at my girlfriends house.

You probably wouldn't notice me, I'm only in a bog standard Elite  ;D

ohmegod

• Mold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 January 2007, 19:02:32 »

Does it have leather?

The normal seats are still nice though mate.

I didn't notice that you're from Mold. I live in Connah's Quay, although I spend most my time in Ellesmere Port at my girlfriends house.

You probably wouldn't notice me, I'm only in a bog standard Elite  ;D

No it well....................the "port".
The heated seats are ace in this loveley weather were having,if i sit on a pizza i cook it from both sides............

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 January 2007, 19:22:45 »

Paul

LOVE that 840  :y you MUST bring it to Jockular Omegas  :-/

Cheers, but I think I'd get some strange looks turning up to an Omega meet in a BMW :D Besides it's an ideal opportunity for some troubleshooting help  ;)
If it your bothered about strange looks taking the BMW you take the MV6 and i'll volunteer to take the Beema   ::)I've got a thick skin 8-)
The Meega looks the business :y
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.