Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: miggy heaven  (Read 3387 times)

Jonah8742

• Lulworth, Dorset
    • View Profile
miggy heaven
« on: 02 July 2009, 18:49:20 »

looks like it is time for my beautiful miggy to go to the big metal heaven in the sky. there aint much wrong with it apart from the manifold has a few sheared bolts in the cylinder head. i dont have the time to repair it so it has to go. the scrap man says he wants it. but the tears keep flowing as my wife says if i buy another one (would be my third) of those "hunks of s**t" she will divorce me. however i suppose if she is going to talk bout my miggy like that it might be time to trader  her in aswell!!!! :'( :'(

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: miggy heaven
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2009, 18:51:28 »

looks like it is time for my beautiful miggy to go to the big metal heaven in the sky. there aint much wrong with it apart from the manifold has a few sheared bolts in the cylinder head. i dont have the time to repair it so it has to go. the scrap man says he wants it. but the tears keep flowing as my wife says if i buy another one (would be my third) of those "hunks of s**t" she will divorce me. however i suppose if she is going to talk bout my miggy like that it might be time to trader  her in aswell!!!! :'( :'(
Sell the mrs. to medical science you could buy a lovely miggy with that  :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2009, 18:51:57 »

Don't then, buy a V6;  2.5 / 2.6 / 3.0 or 3.2 CDX / Elite!! 8-) 8-) ;D ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 02 July 2009, 18:52:34 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Jonah8742

• Lulworth, Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2009, 18:56:37 »

well she almost divorced me when i refused to get rid of th 2.5 , it took her a while but i gave in to it in the end and got a 2.0. i cant take it anymore. she is convinced we are getting a rover 75 2.0 v6, i think i can smell a divorce coming on. we aint spoke since this morning

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2009, 18:59:16 »

well she almost divorced me when i refused to get rid of th 2.5 , it took her a while but i gave in to it in the end and got a 2.0. i cant take it anymore. she is convinced we are getting a rover 75 2.0 v6, i think i can smell a divorce coming on. we aint spoke since this morning

Just tell her they keep breaking down, the value of them is going through the floor, and you cannot easily get spare parts for those (plus they are crap!!) :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 July 2009, 18:59:59 »

It gettin another Mig would mean she would never speak to me again.. Who's got an Autotrader! ;D
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

Jonah8742

• Lulworth, Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2009, 19:01:03 »

thats what i said, but her and her dad are ganging up on me

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #7 on: 02 July 2009, 19:03:02 »

thats what i said, but her and her dad are ganging up on me

Don't tell me, he is aged between 70-90 years of age! ::) ::) ::)

Jonah8742

• Lulworth, Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2009, 19:05:28 »

lol he is only 40 odd. sum1 help me

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #9 on: 02 July 2009, 19:08:39 »

Blimey, he needs help!  He has got the old man's "I love Rover" disease, common in the age of the British Empire! :D :D ;) ;)

Seriously a man has got to pick the car he wants, end of.  My ex always seemed to get it right, but what he wanted was cool with me! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #10 on: 02 July 2009, 19:11:33 »

.........and anyway we can always be bribed with...........new shoes (x3)...............dress, tops and skirts (plural!!).........a lovely new ring..................or a weekend in Paris, candle light dinners, wine....................and driven there in a top of the range Omega 8-) 8-) 8-) :D ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 02 July 2009, 19:11:48 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Jonah8742

• Lulworth, Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 July 2009, 19:13:04 »

well in a situation of her or my miggy's i know which one i would choose....... has anyone seen my car keys

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 July 2009, 20:08:52 »

I see you're from Lulworth, we will down that way next week on hols. Lovely part of Dorset, we will be stopping near Swanage.
So if you see a black TD estate give us a wave.

Mick

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 July 2009, 20:24:41 »

Just tell her they keep breaking down, the value of them is going through the floor.......:D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Unlike Omegas eh Lizzie !!?!?!?!

Seriously, having spent 2 yrs in a 75 all I can say is that they are very reliable and very very comfortable to drive and be driven in.....

Only fault I can think of is that the the boot opening is quite narrow due to the positioning and shape of the rear lights.......

Still prefer my Migs though......

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 July 2009, 20:31:48 »

If your wifes old man is only 40 odd you must have a reasonably young wife... enjoy it while you can. You can always buy an Omega when you are an old Git like me :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #15 on: 02 July 2009, 20:54:36 »

:-?   ::)    ;D ;D ;D :y

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 July 2009, 20:55:33 »

:y :y ;D
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 July 2009, 21:14:20 »

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( What happened to the words!
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #18 on: 02 July 2009, 21:29:05 »

Just tell her they keep breaking down, the value of them is going through the floor.......:D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Unlike Omegas eh Lizzie !!?!?!?!

Seriously, having spent 2 yrs in a 75 all I can say is that they are very reliable and very very comfortable to drive and be driven in.....

Only fault I can think of is that the the boot opening is quite narrow due to the positioning and shape of the rear lights.......

Still prefer my Migs though......

No Webby, miggies are ultra realiable (if well maintained ::) ::))  and hold there value (to miggy fans!), and the guy, Jonah, needs all the flannel he can get to avoid a Rover and obtain a miggy! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Seriously though..............I have noticed a growing number of broken down Rover's recently (three 75's in two weeks alone on local travels), and I understand (from the motoring press and a friend who has a Rover 45) obtaining parts is becoming more difficult, with resale prices falling even lower than others. ;) ;)  Is that at all surprising due to the situation? ;)

« Last Edit: 02 July 2009, 21:29:36 by Lizzie_Zoom »

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 July 2009, 21:47:54 »

We saw a Jag S Type broken down about 1 mile from the ferry at Calais coming back from Normandy.

Hope he had European breakdown cover......if not, how annoying would that have been for him.........!!!!

PS Both my Migs have been totally reliable so I am not a potential Rover owner no worries there.......!!
« Last Edit: 02 July 2009, 21:49:30 by webby23 »

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 July 2009, 21:51:10 »

I really like the 75, i do. But honestly, the Omega managed nigh on ten years, and was still regarded as one of the smoothest motors avaliable. So good that they decided to bring it back a year later as the Monaro!

You should get a mig from someone on here, a reliable car with a known history. Compare that with a Rover that is worth five pence (but only worth 2 pence in 6 months time!) you cant get bits for them, build quality ok but not upto Russelsheim standards, and to top it off nobody thinks you're cool, just old!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 July 2009, 23:28:31 »

Do it...............................,

buy another Mig and trade in the wife  ;D

Seriously, the rover's parentage isn't that bad, well.... metro's, montegos etc, but they worked reliably after a fashion. However Vauxhall cars are designed better, a different class of engineering. I remember trying to change the heater blower on a metro, umpteen bolts inside the car plus a fair few under the bonnet.  However my Cavalier, I merely removed 2 clips, unplugged and that was it. With this forum plus a recent purchase of a code reader that is approx compatable with......,  means there is nothing I can't fix myself if I want to. So I will not be screwed by any garage. I have not been in a rover for a while, but crusin' in my Mig, carrying a load, its so effortless and comfortable. My parents live 350 miles away, so what, a good stereo, comfortable drive, good company.  A soon as I can I'm goin to convert to LPG, so I have the ultimate, half price crusin' machine.

The engineering is miles better, so you will have less problems. Thing to do is, as the market for Migs is down at pres, means you will be able to pick up a good late example at a cheap price, if at auction so ex lease or police then well serviced. If you look after the cambelt, the one catastrophic failure, then it should be great. I went from my 2.0L Mig to a facelift 2.2 CD, an automatic. I know its a bit lacking in power sometimes, but its sooooo smooooth, 2 pedals, one stop and one go, so driving is effortless, plus of course cruise. Sorry but no contest, I can't see any other modern car that offers me this much for so little a price. Plus we have our own mechanics, OOF trained, who are willing, for a very reasonable price, to sort you out  :y :y :y (Hi Daz and Pete)

Hey, no contest  :y

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 July 2009, 14:43:40 »

I would definatelty go and buy another mig .My first a 95 2.5 cdx was fine until a month ago when the oilcooler let go.Im still have it and am thinking to repair it and sell on. with 114000 it still goes like a train and is so comfy. was going to downsize but wife wanted same again so we now have a lovely 51 plate 2.6 cd 80000 miles burgandy red cost £1200 plus 2 new tyres £110 what a bargain. theres just nothing else out there that can compete with that in my opinion ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 July 2009, 15:13:17 »

best option is to send the car to my Omega sanctuary. It will be loved and respected there.

Then go and buy a V6 Omega!

El varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Jonah8742

• Lulworth, Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 July 2009, 14:27:02 »

i think i have done it, i found a 2.2 on ebay going at a rather reasonable price, i am just waiting for the guy to get back to me, or answer the phone, either way its gone, the 2.0 gls is dead, and i was also looking at a 2.4 C70?? why wont that guy from ebay answer the phone??? :'(

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 July 2009, 15:21:19 »

Tell her that it is safer to drive a mig as a rover.
I drive my mig with less petrol than i did my 600 rover.
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.