Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Brake bleed screws

(1/3) > >>

Greenbay packer:
Could someone tell me what the correct bleed screws are for the front Lucas calipers please - i.e., correct thread, length, pitch (if relevant), part number and where to get some if possible. Biggred seem to have loads but I'm not sure which ones are right.

The same info for the rears would also be appreciated.

johnnydog:
I believe the VX part numbers for the bleed screws on the later calipers are as follows -

90369391 Front
90297538 Rear

I couldn't say whether they are still available individually from VX. From experience, if a dealer states they are NLS, they may not have have checked stock outside the UK, which means pressing a few more keys on the computer, but some dealers find this 'too hard to do'. It is always worth asking if they have checked stock outside the UK.

Nick W:
Surely they're just a standard M10 long bleed nipple, available anywhere?

Like THIS?

That price seems a bit expensive to me, but it was the first one in the search :y

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Nick W on 08 July 2018, 21:59:24 ---Surely they're just a standard M10 long bleed nipple, available anywhere?

Like THIS?

That price seems a bit expensive to me, but it was the first one in the search :y

--- End quote ---

On the MFL Omega I had they were all standard M8, but others have suggested that they had a mixture of M8 & M8 fine.  :-\

Greenbay packer:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 08 July 2018, 22:10:13 ---
--- Quote from: Nick W on 08 July 2018, 21:59:24 ---Surely they're just a standard M10 long bleed nipple, available anywhere?

Like THIS?

--- End quote ---

On the MFL Omega I had they were all standard M8, but others have suggested that they had a mixture of M8 & M8 fine.  :-\

--- End quote ---

So M10 or M8? (didn't know there was an M8 fine option to contend with too, thought they'd just be one standard thread). I've tried looking up the part number 90369391 given by johnnydog but none of the few references I can find say what thread it is. I guess I can measure the screw against an M8 or M10 bolt to work it out but thought it would be straightforward and was going to order a couple tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version