Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Rear discs on 2.6L V6?

(1/2) > >>

Jan Suhr:
I'm about to buy a 2.6L V6 Omega and the rear brakes are in need of replacement. On one of my current Omegas, a 3.2L with the vented rotors, I have good brakes. My thought is to move over the rear brakes from the old one to this new one.

My question is then if the vented rotors and calipers will fit on the 2.6L car? If I'm correct the only difference is the rotors and calipers and I am hoping that they will fit.

The old 3.2L will be taken apart and scraped. I will keep the usable stuff from it.

Thanks

Alnico Blue:
Pretty sure 2.6 & 3.2  have identical brakes from the factory.  Both vented  & therefore interchangable   ;) ;)

Jan Suhr:

--- Quote from: Alnico Blue on 20 July 2018, 13:25:28 ---Pretty sure 2.6 & 3.2  have identical brakes from the factory.  Both vented  & therefore interchangable   ;) ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks,

I will find out when I pick it up in a few days. :D

Doctor Gollum:
If the 2.6 has solid discs fitted, then tread carefully... It will probably still have the vented calipers fitted...

There is a guide here to tell the calipers apart :y

Jan Suhr:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 20 July 2018, 15:05:12 ---If the 2.6 has solid discs fitted, then tread carefully... It will probably still have the vented calipers fitted...

There is a guide here to tell the calipers apart :y

--- End quote ---

I will take both the calipers and rotors from my donor car, both are just 2 years old. Aren't the vented calipers the same except the spacer to make them fit the wider rotors?

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version