Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Royle - Go Compare  (Read 5001 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Vauxhall Royle - Go Compare
« on: 27 August 2019, 21:31:20 »

Has anyone else thought about the car being wrecked, whilst summersaulting over a falling tree, in the latest Go Compare tv advert? ??? ???

To me it looks awfully like an old Vauxhall Royle of late 1980's vintage. The alloy wheels are dead ringers for those fitted to the contemporary Senator, but the car is definitely not one of those.

;)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Royle - Go Compare
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2019, 22:35:02 »

I freeze framed it just before he hits the tree and thought it was a bmw E12 535.  :-\  Very similar criss cross alloys to the Senator. 
« Last Edit: 27 August 2019, 22:43:12 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2019, 22:41:48 »

Whatever it is, it is a strong car. The irritating man with the tash got out unscathed.

Fancy the other guy being there at the side of the road just at that time!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2019, 23:02:27 »

Tis no Royale, thankfully, as theres harly any left. Definitely a Beemer, though not 'up' enough on my BMWs to know which one, early 5 series at a guess.

Though the colour is bang on a very typical shade that many Royales and Sennys used.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2019, 08:01:17 »

It's an early bmw e12 5 series.
Lot of talk on bmw sites about the merits in wrecking such a car for advertising gain where any car would have sufficed.
That model , although not too rare and valuable , is sought after by many inc. me and are lovely old things to drive.
It is currently unknown what condition the car was in prior to being destroyed.
Very odd.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2019, 08:01:39 »

Yea I thought it was an old 5series.
Possibly the same shape as one my dad had, 1982 vintage 528

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2019, 08:06:26 »

People need to get out more. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2019, 08:28:36 »

Speaking of the Royale there was a saloon at the local bike/classic car event last Monday in a reddish brown colour and 5 spoke Ronal alloys.In very good nick it was too :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2019, 09:40:20 »

Tis no Royale, thankfully, as theres harly any left. Definitely a Beemer, though not 'up' enough on my BMWs to know which one, early 5 series at a guess.

Though the colour is bang on a very typical shade that many Royales and Sennys used.

That threw me as well then.  My Senny was in that colour 8) 8)

A BMW eh YZ250?  I also do not know my BMW's, but come to think about it the car does have a coupe type, bit square at the back end, shape that one BMW had in the 1980's. :D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2019, 09:42:45 »

It's an early bmw e12 5 series.
Lot of talk on bmw sites about the merits in wrecking such a car for advertising gain where any car would have sufficed.
That model , although not too rare and valuable , is sought after by many inc. me and are lovely old things to drive.
It is currently unknown what condition the car was in prior to being destroyed.
Very odd.

Right!  Now we know! 8) 8) :y

Hopefully it was a write off could could never be repaired by even the richest BMW enthusiast...............I bloody hope so if it is such a good car! :o :o :'( :'(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2019, 10:44:33 »

Cut Lizzie some slack. She is a woman, so one car will look exactly like any other. ;) :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2019, 11:15:46 »

Cut Lizzie some slack. She is a woman, so one car will look exactly like any other. ;) :-* :-*

;D ;D ;D :-* :-*

Now when I was a child all cars were very different in design, although the colour was usually black or grey, with some reds creeping in.

Then came the awful 1970's and designs started to all fall in line, which got much worse in the 1980's! :o :o :o

Now I have to look twice to recognise a car is a Jaguar, Bentley or Aston Martin!  With the "people carriers" it is even worse, with Vauxhall's looking like Honda's, looking like Seat's, looking like Ford's......etc, etc, with basically the same overall shape, lights, wheels and so on!

Gone are the days of a Humber Snipe, looking so different than a Rover P4, looking so different from a Vauxhall Cresta PA, or a Vauxhall Victor, which in turn was nothing like a Standard 8, or Austin A30, or Austin Seven, and so on..... ::) ::) :D :D :D

At a distance it is not just women who cannot tell the difference between the cars; I have heard male police officers debating what car that they had just seen, and purely found out by the reg. no! ;D ;D ;D ;)

It is the same with the railways;  Every steam engine type was recognisable; a A4 was very different to a Duchess, which was different to a Black Five, or a Merchant Navy, or a 9F.  Then it just became 'boxes on wheels', all looking the same from a distance.........just as with the motor car!! ::) ::) ;)
« Last Edit: 28 August 2019, 11:22:25 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2019, 11:21:57 »

;D ;D ;D :-* :-*

Now when I was a child all cars were very different in design, although the colour was usually black or grey, with some reds creeping in.

Then came the awful 1970's and designs started to all fall in line, which got much worse in the 1980's! :o :o :o
Now I have to look twice to recognise a car is a Jaguar, Bentley or Aston Martin!  With the "people carriers" it is even worse, with Vauxhall's looking like Honda's, look
ing like Seat's, looking like Ford's......etc, etc, with basically the same overall shape, lights, wheels and so on!

Gone are the days of a Humber Snipe, looking so different than a Rover P4, looking so different from a Vauxhall Cresta PA, or a Vauxhall Victor, which in turn was nothing like a Standard 8, or Austin A30, or Austin Seven, and so on..... ::) ::) :D :D :D

At a distance it is not just women who cannot tell the difference between the cars; I have heard male police officers debating what car that they had just seen, and purely found out by the reg. no! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Cars are certainly very 'samey'  these days .......especially small cars.

Without a badge of identification to help me I wouldn't know a small Renault from a small Pug, Citroen, Mazda, Ford or Vauxhall. :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2019, 11:25:33 »

Cars are generic these days, but Lizzie, I have faith that you could tell the difference between a bubble car and a Rolls Royce Phantom even when painted the same colour........you are a very clever girl. ::) ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2019, 11:47:42 »

Cars are generic these days, but Lizzie, I have faith that you could CAN tell the difference between a bubble car and a Rolls Royce Phantom even when painted the same colour........you are a very clever girl. ::) ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cheek! :o :o :o

There is nothing wrong with my eyesight, and I CAN!! :: ) ::) :P :P :P :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;)!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.