Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual gearbox problem  (Read 4176 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Manual gearbox problem
« Reply #30 on: 27 May 2015, 23:20:06 »

If the slave fails then you won`t be able to engage gears and your foot will go to the floor without much resistence, I had one fail on my Senator but it was gradual, I managed to get from Catterick garrison to Leeds before it went completely.

You can - you just have to match engine revs to gear/road speed and it'll slot in nicely - Oh and be prepared to start the car with it in gear. Difficult to do in traffic, and traffic lights/roundabouts/T junctions are a PITA but it is do-able. Once had to drive from Boscombe Down to Yeovil (50 miles) like that due to hydraulic pipe failure.

05omegav6

« Reply #31 on: 27 May 2015, 23:41:03 »

Reminds me of a drive from Horsham to Heathrow at 7 am with no clutch control... stupid pos Seat ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 May 2015, 23:47:48 »

I used to be able to do a clutchless changes ..... but not had a manual in a while now  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #33 on: 28 May 2015, 00:07:49 »

I used to be able to do a clutchless changes ..... but not had a manual in a while now  :y
The Omega responds well to clutchless shifting,  but getting the revs right with an electronic throttle takes some practice... timing has to be impeccable :D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 May 2015, 18:22:14 »

If the slave fails then you won`t be able to engage gears and your foot will go to the floor without much resistence, I had one fail on my Senator but it was gradual, I managed to get from Catterick garrison to Leeds before it went completely.

You can - you just have to match engine revs to gear/road speed and it'll slot in nicely - Oh and be prepared to start the car with it in gear. Difficult to do in traffic, and traffic lights/roundabouts/T junctions are a PITA but it is do-able. Once had to drive from Boscombe Down to Yeovil (50 miles) like that due to hydraulic pipe failure.

Alright smart asre, I meant using the clutch to engage gears  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.