Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: elite rear parking sensors  (Read 1104 times)

trackcars

• Merseyside
    • Omega 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
elite rear parking sensors
« on: 26 May 2016, 10:31:00 »

Anyone have any spare rear parking sensors lieing around with controller box as mine keep flat lining  thaks 

05omegav6

Re: elite rear parking sensors
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2016, 11:53:35 »

Assuming no towbar, ignition on/engine off, into reverse then go round the back and lightly rest a finger on each sensor in turn... The one that doesn't 'buzz' needs investigation  :y

Probably a loose plug or chafing wire, but as well to dismantle the sensor components from the bumper and clean them carefully/thoroughly as it could be as simple as a build up of crud around the frame... Includes polish residue as much as much ;)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2016, 12:47:56 »

There is also an inbuilt "self-test" system you may wish to use .. it involves finding the little 350 Ohm resistor that looks just like a blade fuse, (called a coding plug), its in the wiring harness just by the rear left light cluster. Remove that then switch on the ignition and select reverse

HTH  :)

trackcars

• Merseyside
    • Omega 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2016, 15:01:22 »

Ahh right mine flat line all the time in reverse. They did work fine then intermittently then flat line all the time in reverse now. I think it did have a row bar at one point as the bumper has been cut.I found that fuse but thought it was just for the old two bar. I will get this when I get home thaks for the help

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2016, 15:25:24 »

At risk of inflaming an old argument,  you can count the beeps, or feel the sensors...

Only obvious flaw in the beep tests is if the loom was muddled up at some point... the mid sensors could easily be swapped, especially if the bumper's been off before...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.