Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: '03 FL steering wheel control lighting  (Read 5190 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: '03 FL steering wheel control lighting
« Reply #30 on: 21 February 2015, 11:27:37 »

Wooooowwww, hang on a sec!

The Sony HU will have a remote power on. The issue is with the adapter. We need to work around the adapter before we go cutting car looms!
Yes, would agree, having had to repair looms which have been butchered with nothing left to solder too and insulate.

05omegav6

« Reply #31 on: 21 February 2015, 16:57:13 »

The Sony HU will have a remote power on. The issue is with the adapter. We need to work around the adapter before we go cutting car looms!
Yes, would agree, having had to repair looms which have been butchered with nothing left to solder too and insulate.
Ah yes a fellow ex plod owner ;D

The adaptor loom ought to be easy enough to remove and tweak in order to avoid butchery :y

Re reading instructions for AN Other Sony HU, Pin 5 on the HU loom is powered antenna... this chucks out 12v when the tuner is selected...

Al, do the steering wheel controls illuminate when you're listening to the radio, but go out when listen to discs? :-\

powerslinky

« Reply #32 on: 21 February 2015, 17:21:10 »

The adaptor loom ought to be easy enough to remove and tweak in order to avoid butchery :y

Re reading instructions for AN Other Sony HU, Pin 5 on the HU loom is powered antenna... this chucks out 12v when the tuner is selected...

Al, do the steering wheel controls illuminate when you're listening to the radio, but go out when listen to discs? :-\

sorry Al  . . . cannot answer that now  . . . gone down with man flu & am in bed sweating it out ::) ::)

The lights are def not on in MD mode but will have to check the radio tomorrow  . .  feel to rough to get up :-[ :-[

Not gonna attempt anything myself  . . .But will wait until you & the chaps have a look at Terbys meet :y :y

powerslinky

« Reply #33 on: 22 February 2015, 12:51:42 »

sorry Al  . . . cannot answer that now  . . . gone down with man flu & am in bed sweating it out ::) ::)

The lights are def not on in MD mode but will have to check the radio tomorrow  . .  feel to rough to get up :-[ :-[

Not gonna attempt anything myself  . . .But will wait until you & the chaps have a look at Terbys meet :y :y

Right Taxi Al . . . No steering wheel control lights when in  mini disc mode   . . . 

BUT  . . .          YES . . . they are working when the radio is on  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #34 on: 22 February 2015, 13:16:06 »

That simplifies the issue... see/sort it in May :y

powerslinky

« Reply #35 on: 22 February 2015, 13:24:16 »

That simplifies the issue... see/sort it in May :y

Splendid  :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22 February 2015, 14:59:52 »

rather Sony shite  >:(

Is their an external amp remote power on function on the shitty HU? That's what you wanna used.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22 February 2015, 15:05:48 »

What about utilising the instrument / dashboard illumination power source? Especially as you won't be bothered about the controls illuminating in the daylight?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 February 2015, 15:08:08 »

What about utilising the instrument / dashboard illumination power source? Especially as you won't be bothered about the controls illuminating in the daylight?
I thought that, but even a Sony must have an external amp remote power on. Surely. Even Sony.
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #39 on: 22 February 2015, 16:45:16 »

I thought that, but even a Sony must have an external amp remote power on. Surely. Even Sony.

Don't worry chaps  . . .I will bring theHU  instuction booklet with me to Wycombe . . . then you can tell me  :-\ :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #40 on: 22 February 2015, 17:43:44 »

Is their an external amp remote power on function on the shitty HU? That's what you wanna used.
Chill out...The corresponding pin out to pin7 Rdwh on the car loom is the powered antenna outpolut from the HU... This is only powered when the tuner is selected, which is actually quite reasonable... Just needs connecting to 12v permanent/switched supply... No biggie :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22 February 2015, 20:06:29 »

Chill out...The corresponding pin out to pin7 Rdwh on the car loom is the powered antenna outpolut from the HU... This is only powered when the tuner is selected, which is actually quite reasonable... Just needs connecting to 12v permanent/switched supply... No biggie :y
My OCD wouldn't allow that sort of thing on one of mine :)

The HU should be able to do it.  Sony have once again dropped a bollock. But then we know they are mongrels of the highest order. Have they gone bust yet, or have they still got enough assets to last another year  >:(
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.