Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: electric window  (Read 3093 times)

djmoorey

• cwmbran south wales
    • omega elite v6 auto
    • View Profile
electric window
« on: 24 February 2015, 11:47:22 »

Hi the front passenger window will not come up on mt mini facelift omega estate .The motor clicks when pressing switch to go down but not when you want it to come up ,been like it since i got car a few weeks ago but always went up after a while now wont come up at all .I have got a switch coming from ebay hope thats all it is ,but if not what else should i look for.

djmoorey

• cwmbran south wales
    • omega elite v6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: electric window
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2015, 11:51:40 »

Sorry forgot to ask is there a way of getting the window up manualy as i cant lock the car because the almarm keeps going off

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2015, 11:55:04 »

It's not a bad job getting the door car off, to be honest, just a few screws. Get in there and have a look for the problem, as switch may not cure it. Hope you're sorted soon  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2015, 12:36:22 »

Sorry forgot to ask is there a way of getting the window up manualy as i cant lock the car because the almarm keeps going off

Can only suggest a hand on each side of the glass ...... obviously with the door open .... and help it go up as someone else presses the window switch

djmoorey

• cwmbran south wales
    • omega elite v6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2015, 12:51:39 »

cant do that as none of the window is showing its right down have covered it up for now with clear plastic switch will be here tomorrow i hope,from omegaspareparts on ebay

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 February 2015, 13:37:00 »

If it's definitely the switch - or at the very least you're hoping that it's the switch... it's a switch, so makes a contact, of one kind or another. Can't you just ping up the switch panel and short the two wires? Never done it myself, but surely it's a case of just doing that? If that doesn't work, then the problem may lie elsewhere.  ???

Just a thought - ping out one of the other switches from a passenger door, and bung a couple of bits of wire between the plug going to the original (hopefully) not-working switch, and a known good one? The time it'd take to gaffa tape a bit of plastic or whatever to the door you could isolate the switch as being the problem?
« Last Edit: 24 February 2015, 13:39:16 by Diamond Black Geezer »
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2015, 13:44:39 »

Swap it with the drivers side switch and see if that works... if yes switch is your problem, if not, then it's a loom issue, probably at the door connection  :-\

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2015, 14:32:24 »

Definitely worth seeing if you can get to the wires  the switch and see if you can get the window up.
If not, don't forget there is a switch to disable the interior sensors on car so you can lock it with the window open and the alarm won't go off. Not ideal but if you can't get the window up at least you can deadlock the doors and make it a bit harder for the chavs.
If it aint broken, you aint trying hard enough

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 February 2015, 14:38:25 »

Not sure about OP's car, but pressing & holding lock on the fob will shut open windows & roof ...... you'd then by-pass the switches

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 February 2015, 14:39:41 »

Good thinking Andy B!! Should have remembered this as I did it the other day, dooh!

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 24 February 2015, 16:32:05 »

Being mfl the front door switches are on the centre console and should be interchangeable (rear switch cut off is irrelevant for the purpose of this exercise) :y

djmoorey

• cwmbran south wales
    • omega elite v6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 February 2015, 22:29:59 »

Hi thanks for all the advice tried swapping the switches over but cant get at the plugs will have to take center console out as cant get my figures in to unplug it.it def the switch as it tried to come up then gave up .replacement switch on its way,job for weekend.How do you disable the sensors so i can lock the car. thanks again.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 February 2015, 22:34:00 »

Hi thanks for all the advice tried swapping the switches over but cant get at the plugs will have to take center console out as cant get my figures in to unplug it.it def the switch as it tried to come up then gave up .replacement switch on its way,job for weekend.How do you disable the sensors so i can lock the car. thanks again.

As above, have you tried to close all windows via the 'total closure' on the fob ie press & hold the lock button .... everything should close ...... no window switches needed If they don't it points to iffy wiring somewhere.

Disabling the interior sensor by pressing the button with the man running away from )))   :y in the centre console with the heated rear screen etc

djmoorey

• cwmbran south wales
    • omega elite v6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 February 2015, 23:03:15 »

havent tied that with fob will have a go in morning as to late to mess around tonight dont want alarms going off ,i wouldnt be very popular lol cheers im off to bed im knackered not long finished work

djmoorey

• cwmbran south wales
    • omega elite v6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 February 2015, 09:12:36 »

Managed to close window with the key fob so def the switch .Thanks for that at least i can now lock the car ,hopefully the replacement switch will be here today,not looking forward to removing the center console though lol
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.