Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ULEZ  (Read 6873 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: ULEZ
« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2019, 16:35:38 »

We have had a thread on this before which quickly established most of our Omega's, including my 3.2, were exempt from the charge :D :D :D :y

So, if anyone who frequently drives into this charging zone want a big engined car that is exempt mine can be bought for £10,000 ;D ;D ;D ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 April 2019, 18:14:55 »

Please remember, you only pay if you go inside the A501, congestion charge zone,the full ulez from within the north/south circular doesn't start until 2021.
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 April 2019, 18:16:04 »

The only places where I can smell the diesel fumes is train stations and busy bus routes.

Are they having to pay fines charges?
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 April 2019, 18:56:39 »

I hardly dare make my comment for fear of being flamed.

They have got to do something. This is a start.

The nearest big city to us is Granada. Because of its geography it always has a highly visible pall of filthy pollution over it which shows up in official figures. I doubt you can see the same filthy pollution over London because of the relatively flat landscape.

The problem is of course trying to achieve change quickly and too late.

Exactly right. This will get people used to paying for using their own vehicle in central London. Then they can gradually increase the restrictions to reduce the wasteful number of vehicles in use. That's already happening from the increase of the LEZ and congestion charge. Although I can't understand why anybody would want to drive in London, when public transport is already better.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 April 2019, 19:33:53 »

Think of the poor little children.  :'(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 April 2019, 19:57:28 »

Think of the poor little children.  :'(

They won't be able to blame pollution for being  under achieving.
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 April 2019, 20:08:51 »

A 2 Door 2005 Euro4 1.2 Corsa Petrol on the LPG Register and gets the DVLA Bi Fuel Discount (130 Tax PA) is Exempt.
My 2 Door 2005 Euro4 1.2 Corsa Van Petrol on the LPG Register and No DVLA Bi Fuel Discount (250 Tax PA) is Payable.

All because its got no back windows, its not even a Commercial Vehicle, its a Car Derived Van  >:( >:( >:(

....and theres me thinking this was all about making money off peeps driving in with dirty emissions,

« Last Edit: 08 April 2019, 20:25:29 by zirk »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 April 2019, 21:48:47 »

According to the DOE when I last checked all air pollution were falling except-NOX from diesels which was static. The current false narrative is due to the German tree huggers & influence on German national politics which in turn drives EU politics & policy. The high pollution fake news is about avoiding EU fines due to new EU much lower maximum pollution levels. :-[ :-[ :-[

https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/news?view=238

The useless London mayor has raised GLC costs by 40% through staff rises and massive pay increases especially for senior managers. Indeed, a few weeks a go he had the choice of increasing London police numbers by 18,000 or spending it on other boondoggles & massive increase in trade union subsidies. Now with out of control crime & escalating murder rates in London, I'm sure you can guess his priorities, yes, correct, no police increases, but the Trade Unions will be just fine. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 April 2019, 22:48:58 »

both mine are exempt a 3.2 and a 4.3 madness :y

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 April 2019, 18:11:14 »

So you can still drive in to London & poison us all, you just pay £12.50 per day for the privilege.
Mine 08 focus St exempt
Hers 97 elite not exempt even though her emissions are lower.

Still on the plus side my brother is charging a fortune to service company air con systems as no one else will venture in to the crapital. I think it’s a revenue raiser to help the worse than useless mayor pay off TFL’s 1 billion pound debt

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 April 2019, 20:01:31 »

According to the DOE when I last checked all air pollution were falling except-NOX from diesels which was static. The current false narrative is due to the German tree huggers & influence on German national politics which in turn drives EU politics & policy. The high pollution fake news is about avoiding EU fines due to new EU much lower maximum pollution levels. :-[ :-[ :-[

https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/news?view=238

The useless London mayor has raised GLC costs by 40% through staff rises and massive pay increases especially for senior managers. Indeed, a few weeks a go he had the choice of increasing London police numbers by 18,000 or spending it on other boondoggles & massive increase in trade union subsidies. Now with out of control crime & escalating murder rates in London, I'm sure you can guess his priorities, yes, correct, no police increases, but the Trade Unions will be just fine. >:( >:( >:(

Is there anyone in power who, in your opinion, is not "useless", "corrupt", "treasonable", or a threat to Western democracy?

Then"GLC" was actually disbanded in 1986, with the introduction of the "Greater London Authority".

Perhaps you should read this before you rant anymore:
https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/finaldraftbudget_-_part_1_mayorsstatement_2019-20_final.pdf

18,000 additional officers! We're do you get that from Rod?  The national call is for a total of 20,000 officers.  In actual fact the "useless" London Mayor has actually budgeted for an extra 1,000 officers, not the " no police increases" you claim.

Yet again you go on a severely pessimistic rant about everything without knowing the facts! ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 09 April 2019, 20:04:38 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 April 2019, 20:14:41 »

Pot. Kettle. Popcorn...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 April 2019, 07:59:26 »

Looks like those of us who have V8 VXR8,s and Monaro,s are also exept from the ULEZ tax
Do we want to go there?
Maybe to blat through some tunnels hofficer :D ;D :o :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 April 2019, 09:42:54 »

Would add I'm back at Uni studying... Automotive Design; so of course I have to be in the 'make the world a better place' camp, and that I am. At the same time adore classic and 'proper' cars (why run a 23 yr old 6cyl car if I don't?) and think its a two sided coin.

So...
a charge/tarriff/tax/encouragement against using higher polluting vehicles, thus reducing local emissions - AGREE
a charge based around the false assumption that any vehicle under a certain age pollutes less than any vehicle above a certain age - AGAINST

:)

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 10 April 2019, 11:31:25 »

Would add I'm back at Uni studying... Automotive Design; so of course I have to be in the 'make the world a better place' camp, and that I am. At the same time adore classic and 'proper' cars (why run a 23 yr old 6cyl car if I don't?) and think its a two sided coin.

So...
a charge/tarriff/tax/encouragement against using higher polluting vehicles, thus reducing local emissions - AGREE
a charge based around the false assumption that any vehicle under a certain age pollutes less than any vehicle above a certain age - AGAINST

:)
Wrong. Raising revenue is not the same as reducing emissions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.