Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking Ticket - Win  (Read 4032 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Parking Ticket - Win
« on: 07 February 2019, 10:59:24 »

So we parked in Farnborough retail park a few weeks ago, it's recently been expanded and there are loads of new places. As we are doing an extension, we spent quite a lot of time in furniture places etc. Rather than move the car from one free bit to another, we left it in same spot. We went over the "3 Hour" limit, I received a letter in the post asking me to pay a £60 parking charge.

The letter was addressed to me, as the keeper, with a photo of the car when we drove in.

Quick Google suggested these are basically scams, I've had it successfully cancelled as I was under no obligation to state who the driver was, only that I was the keeper.

I sent this (stolen from the web)

Dear Sirs

PCN: XXXXX
REG: AB12CDE

I am the registered keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the warning to the keeper, contrary to section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me. There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so. Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct. Kind Regards.

Just had this in response:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Further to your representations, we have investigated your claims and can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Yours faithfully,
Highview Parking Ltd

:D :D

Just FYI - If anyone else gets one of these things  :y

STEMO

Re: Parking Ticket - Win
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2019, 11:20:41 »

Nice one, Tunnie. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
I must admit, I've never heard of this get out.

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2019, 11:24:29 »

:y :y :y

Good outcome!
Do you feel about 6" taller than before you got that postal confirmation. I know I would!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2019, 11:25:07 »

Good outcome!
Do you feel about 6" taller than before you got that postal confirmation. I know I would!

He'd better be on the lookoout for low flying aircraft at this rate. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2019, 12:12:57 »

Well done!! :y :y

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2019, 13:25:38 »

:y Well done that man !

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2019, 13:45:34 »

Good outcome!

I thought I saw a NOTAM for the Farnborough area ::)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2019, 13:53:58 »

Good outcome!

I thought I saw a NOTAM for the Farnborough area ::)

:D :D :D

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2019, 11:39:50 »

my wife got one a year or so back in my company car, first thing I heard was a message that they had paid the £60 fine added a £10 charge and how would I like to pay? :'(

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2019, 11:47:21 »

So we parked in Farnborough retail park a few weeks ago, it's recently been expanded and there are loads of new places. As we are doing an extension, we spent quite a lot of time in furniture places etc. Rather than move the car from one free bit to another, we left it in same spot. We went over the "3 Hour" limit, I received a letter in the post asking me to pay a £60 parking charge.

The letter was addressed to me, as the keeper, with a photo of the car when we drove in.

Quick Google suggested these are basically scams, I've had it successfully cancelled as I was under no obligation to state who the driver was, only that I was the keeper.

I sent this (stolen from the web)

Dear Sirs

PCN: XXXXX
REG: AB12CDE

I am the registered keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the warning to the keeper, contrary to section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me. There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so. Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct. Kind Regards.

Just had this in response:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Further to your representations, we have investigated your claims and can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Yours faithfully,
Highview Parking Ltd

:D :D

Just FYI - If anyone else gets one of these things  :y

Thank you for the good advice: does this get-out apply to all car park charges - council ones, for instance - or just private ones?

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2019, 12:24:14 »

Get a blue badge to deal with the council ones :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 February 2019, 12:58:31 »

Difficult these days even if you have a disability.  My condition is covered by the disability act but as I can walk 200m unaided I dont qualify for a blue badge.  Admittedly I dont need it all the time, just when I need to rush to the bathroom without worrying about getting a ticket.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 February 2019, 13:25:01 »

Difficult these days even if you have a disability.  My condition is covered by the disability act but as I can walk 200m unaided I dont qualify for a blue badge.  Admittedly I dont need it all the time, just when I need to rush to the bathroom without worrying about getting a ticket.
I was being slightly sarcastic... Mum walks with two sticks but can't qualify for one for similar reasons... Yet the disabled spaces at Tescos in the village are always occupied by people in their shiny Motobility cars with their badges proudly displayed and no obvious mobility concerns >:(

That said, when she's with me, I make a point of using the spaces on principle... Woe betide anyone who dares to challenge me for it. :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 February 2019, 16:54:23 »

I was being slightly sarcastic... Mum walks with two sticks but can't qualify for one for similar reasons... Yet the disabled spaces at Tescos in the village are always occupied by people in their shiny Motobility cars with their badges proudly displayed and no obvious mobility concerns >:(

That said, when she's with me, I make a point of using the spaces on principle... Woe betide anyone who dares to challenge me for it. :-X

Blue badges have zero relevance in private car parks. If you qualify under the "Disabilities Act" then you can use the disabled spots in a private car park. You may get a ticket, but they're easily defeated - the threat of you taking action under the DSA will see the parking company back down, for fear of huge fines on them for discrimination if you/they do try and take it to court.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 February 2019, 20:15:38 »

Why do people who park, either over time, badly, or were they shouldn't, and get a ticket, think they should not have to pay the fine, or try and appeal it.   

I have a hatred of them, especially bad Parking, encounter it every day, and it makes my job even harder, trying to find the dip-$&it who has blocked a whole road, a loading area, or a no parking turning area,. Car should be towed and crushed.... Rant over.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.