Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit final offer  (Read 5360 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit final offer
« Reply #30 on: 03 October 2019, 18:27:02 »

The short term economic costs are academic with a long term view.
Depends on your definition of short term.  Most respective economists expect the impact of a no deal to be for multiple generations, ie at least 30yrs.  That isn't short term to me.

The key question is what is right. Be part of a club run by unelected leaders with their own agenda and be comfortable OR leave and make our own way with our own rules and own elected leaders.
By cutting off your nose to spite your face?  Sometimes usually an element of pragmatism is needed.  But the nature of this whole debate means nobody is prepared to compromise, as the previous PM found out.
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 October 2019, 18:57:00 »

well . I'm a swede and i buy a lot of car parts from the uk since i like omegas. But to be frank the uk is a good place to buy stuff. I a Brexit becomes a reality, you guys really stand to loose a lot from that... the uk is a very good market forre just about everything. But vat and fees would kill my wallet so to speak... Brexit is a terrible idea and a really feel sorry for all the Brits who want to stay in the Eu or make a better planned Brexit, to not loose business.
Many of the more vocal members on this site are very pro Brexit at any cost, so I admire you're bravery.  Its also good to here another perspective, as the British perspective on it all is so polar, and frankly tedious.

Whilst Europe is not without it major issues, and desperately needs reform, I personally think its a stupid idea to leave. As does just about every economist out there.  But because its such a divisive issue, the leave-at-any-cost followers cannot see whats coming, and the remainers can't grasp the democratic process that was undertaken (mostly, I suspect, as what is being offered is not what the middle ground leavers voted for).

Ooops, you may have blown your credibility there TB. Praying in aid economists’ opinions will convince no-one. You’ll be introducing Trump to save the planet next.  ::)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 October 2019, 21:47:30 »

Please can someone explain this to me: if so many EU lovers predict disaster if we leave, doesn't that imply that things were dreadful before we joined and untold riches befell us after we joined?
I have no such recollection.....

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 October 2019, 22:20:49 »

According to ITV news, the EU has concerns over the proposals.

As I understand it, they have zero intention of agreeing to anything, so what pray tell, are they concerned about  ???

We could agree to every single thing they demand and have Mother Theresa (no relation) deliver it in person and they would still be concerned.

In the last three years they have spent as much time refusing to negotiate as we have faffing around ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 October 2019, 22:27:40 »

Exactly, and that’s why we should tell them to fk off and make us an offer, so we can tell them to fk off again 8)
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 October 2019, 17:53:44 »

well . I'm a swede and i buy a lot of car parts from the uk since i like omegas. But to be frank the uk is a good place to buy stuff. I a Brexit becomes a reality, you guys really stand to loose a lot from that... the uk is a very good market forre just about everything. But vat and fees would kill my wallet so to speak... Brexit is a terrible idea and a really feel sorry for all the Brits who want to stay in the Eu or make a better planned Brexit, to not loose business.
Many of the more vocal members on this site are very pro Brexit at any cost, so I admire you're bravery.  Its also good to here another perspective, as the British perspective on it all is so polar, and frankly tedious.

Whilst Europe is not without it major issues, and desperately needs reform, I personally think its a stupid idea to leave. As does just about every economist out there.  But because its such a divisive issue, the leave-at-any-cost followers cannot see whats coming, and the remainers can't grasp the democratic process that was undertaken (mostly, I suspect, as what is being offered is not what the middle ground leavers voted for).

Ooops, you may have blown your credibility there TB. Praying in aid economists’ opinions will convince no-one. You’ll be introducing Trump to save the planet next.  ::)
Did you quote the wrong post there Shack ;D

Trump may not be much good for the environment, but he is what America currently needs - hence the US's economy.  But his antics to stay there might be his undoing.  But he polarises people in the same way as Brexit does, so good analogy :)
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 October 2019, 18:08:06 »

There is an interesting phrase there in quotes.

Whilst Europe is not without its major issues and desperately needs reform.

Die hard remainers that I talk with use a phrase “ change within”. Trouble is the agenda is set by the establishment who then select candidates to carry that out as EU leaders. We saw that with Van der Leyen . There wont be any reform as it would be contrary to the goals. I admire the single mindedness but dont see much chance of reform.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 October 2019, 18:13:13 »

Just a thought

Boris can send his Benn letter to the EU On the 19 th Oct begging for an extension if there is no deal VIA the Spanish postal system . It should arrive in Brussels sometime in November  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 October 2019, 19:18:08 »

Funnily enough, I said to swmbo earlier that he could put a second class stamp on it and post it from somewhere remote and it wont stand a chance of getting there on time.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 October 2019, 20:16:51 »

I just caught the tail end of a report on Sky this evening in which it was stated ( if true ) that after the ruling today in the High Court in Edinburgh if Boris does not comply and beg for another extension the clerk of the court has the jurisdiction to , and will ,write to Brussels asking for one.
Wtf......
I hope you English can see that Scotland , Ireland and the members of the EU are all locking you into something that you voted to leave.
I hope you remember that.
I'm pretty ashamed to be Scottish just now.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 October 2019, 20:20:08 »

^^^ agreed what can we do. :-\
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 October 2019, 21:42:04 »

^^^ agreed what can we do. :-\
Leave on the 31st and sod the lot of them.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 October 2019, 21:49:35 »

The short term economic costs are academic with a long term view.
Depends on your definition of short term.  Most respective economists expect the impact of a no deal to be for multiple generations, ie at least 30yrs.  That isn't short term to me.

The key question is what is right. Be part of a club run by unelected leaders with their own agenda and be comfortable OR leave and make our own way with our own rules and own elected leaders.
By cutting off your nose to spite your face?  Sometimes usually an element of pragmatism is needed.  But the nature of this whole debate means nobody is prepared to compromise, as the previous PM found out.

This is not what many economists think at all including our pre-eminent one Professor Sir Patrick Minford who sees the global free trade opportunities for the UK post-Brexit as positive, as does the chief economist at Deutsche Bank. The Eurozone is doing so well that is still at -2% overall growth since 2008, as the globe's worst performing trading block and at the other end China is at more than +200%, with most other nations positive including the UK, with US doing better than us. We have been offered a place in TPP where the opportunities of being in the heart of the fast growing Pacific rim economies that show the failing EU for what it is where economics takes a poor second place to politics in this political project.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 October 2019, 21:49:57 »

I really hope we can and do we need out :y
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.