Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Opel Omega MV6 Steinmetz from Latvia  (Read 13276 times)

ryner

• Latvia
    • Opel Omega MV6 Steinmetz
    • View Profile
Opel Omega MV6 Steinmetz from Latvia
« on: 11 November 2013, 21:27:34 »

Hi!
Just registered here.
All started a few weeks ago when I bought my first omega. It's a MV6 Steinmetz 3.0 211hp space ship. has everything you could get in the 1997 on the omega. Leather seats and door trims, heated seats, even the rear ones, front ones are electric adjusted, all windows are electric, sunroof as well, cruise control, climate control, A/C and the rest that comes with it. The car arrived from Germany about 8 years ago, my brother bought it, and now I got it from him. When the car arrived from the Fatherland, it had a blown engine, because some germans replaced the original supercharger with vortech v1 and the connecting rods failed. The engine was rebuild here and the supercharger was thrown out. Now it's a stock mv6 with stainless steel steinmetz exhaust, steinmetz lowered springs and shocks and a little reminder in the engine bay. I gues the car is running a bit rich, because no one has replaced the ECU and it still thinks, that it's getting boost. That's what I think, because it has a bit big apetite, 15 to do 100 km in urban, also it's a bit, how do you say, dead in low rpms, wakes up after 4krpm and rips my face off, smells a bit rich from the exhaust too. Also it's a automatic, so I don't get all the fun stuff from the rwd, but cruisin is much more relaxing than with manual.
Here are some picks:
oohh, almost forgot, 3 days ago bought a nother mv6, only with irmsher pack on it, at least what's left of it, has a blown engine as well. Going to be bringing it home this weekend, the I'll post some pictures and a discription.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Opel Omega MV6 Steinmetz from Latvia
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2013, 21:33:41 »

Very nice?

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2013, 21:34:43 »

Like it a lot  :y :y :y

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2013, 22:41:07 »

:y :y :y :y :y

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2013, 00:07:09 »

Nice car and welcome here.  :y :y

x25dt

• Omega Knight
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 November 2013, 10:53:11 »

Nice motor :y

Richard P

• Wimborne, Dorset
    • Mercedes C350
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 November 2013, 19:28:54 »

Fabulous car and fabulous photos. Look forward to seeing more :y

ryner

• Latvia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 November 2013, 20:59:17 »

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Cant wait for the weekend to get my second omega home and start taking the engine apart. The previous owner told me that one of the cooling system hoses came loose and all the cooling liquid came out. he fixed the broken hose, pored some water in and drove it home, the next morning it wouldn't start, the starter motor didn't even spin, Now I wonder, could it be the head gaskets and over the night some of the cylinders have filled with water/ coolant and it is physical impossible to start the engine? Any ideas? Once I get it home, the first thing on my to do list is to remove the sparks and peek inside the cylinders and look for some traces of water or something.
If we talk about the steinmetz omega, need some new rear tires...again :D But one thing bothers me though, can't do a proper burnout, wheel spin or powerslide on a dry surface. Maybe it's the automatic gearbox fault?  :(

omega3000

« Reply #8 on: 12 November 2013, 22:43:48 »

Hoping to make my tyre's last 10,000 miles so no burnouts  8)

pirate

• Intermediate Member
  • westhumble surrey
    • steinmetz elit estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2013, 20:19:48 »

tell all your mates to look on pistonheads if they want a good stienmetz estate ,you guys over there seam to know what they are an are into them more than here

ryner

• Latvia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2014, 13:05:45 »

A little update. Ripped the cam belt on the grey one. Took the heads off, 16 valves bent. Not going to put those heads back on, have some spare ones from the green omega and got some more from the previous owner. Now have 6 heads and have to put together two good ones. That means head work and other stuff.
Now, the cams. I think I could go withe 4xG conversion on the x30xe, but is it worth it, will there be any gain or just the feeling inside :D I thought I could try the 4XG cams if I have them. So any coments on that? What about the timing? Should I use the original setup Like with 2XA and 2XG if 4XG applies?

omega3000

« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2014, 17:45:21 »

A little update. Ripped the cam belt on the grey one. Took the heads off, 16 valves bent. Not going to put those heads back on, have some spare ones from the green omega and got some more from the previous owner. Now have 6 heads and have to put together two good ones. That means head work and other stuff.
Now, the cams. I think I could go withe 4xG conversion on the x30xe, but is it worth it, will there be any gain or just the feeling inside :D I thought I could try the 4XG cams if I have them. So any coments on that? What about the timing? Should I use the original setup Like with 2XA and 2XG if 4XG applies?

:(

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 April 2014, 20:32:04 »

Go with the 4 G cams, I did it to my X25 and wired open the plenum butterflies, power always there and no flatspot....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

Delroy47

• Intermediate Member
  • Luton
    • 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 April 2014, 06:32:14 »

Keep us updated of your porgress :y

ryner

• Latvia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 April 2014, 13:11:01 »

Checked out all the cams I got, bad news. Only 3 G cams, rest of them are a, e and even f, dont know why, but the other car had A and E cams on it. Also the pistons are different, I will take some picks tomorow
How does a 2.6 in omega look? Does it have any stuff thats different or the engine bay looks the same as the 3.0?
Starting to think there is not a stock 3.0 in the irmsher omega
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.