Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 3.0 Elite Auto for sale  (Read 3841 times)

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
Omega 3.0 Elite Auto for sale
« on: 25 January 2014, 12:13:22 »

::) Sadly the time has come when I must go for a smaller engine size and so the 3.0 must go. It is an automatic with all of the usual Elite refinements including electrically operated and heated leather seats, electric rear window blind, electrically heated adjustable mirrors, Bose sound system, climate control, cruise control, air con, power steering, ABS, etc, the list goes on...... all of which are in full working order. The all important genuine mileage is a fraction over 92K. Strangely it also has two working keys! It is in good nick for its year (1999 on a V plate) and is totally reliable and clean both inside and out (including the engine bay). The colour is Champagne Gold metallic. The wheel rims are alloy and all tyres are less than 3 months old. There is a spare alloy wheel too complete with a fairly new tyre of the same type and size as the others. The spare wheel is of the steel slightly smaller width type and is as new. There are obviously some minor points on the body, nothing severe, requiring attention but there are no holes or dents other than the bonnet (which doesn't look bad anyway). It past its MOT's each year without any problems and is currently tested until July 10 2014 and taxed until end of July 2014. There are some colour matched paints included too just in case.
Not looking for anything exorbitant, just a sensible offer for an honestly described car. Road tests are possible provided that I accompany you. If you cannot show insurance proof I will drive according to your instructions.
Daz (DLK) knows the car so if in doubt ask him.......he will get the first refusal anyway should he want it.
Must go before the end of January cos collecting new car on the 1st Feb.  Email me for pics.
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 3.0 Elite Auto for sale
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2014, 13:07:28 »

And price :y

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2014, 13:35:01 »

:D
I did try to edit the post after I had seen that it had not fully pasted from my proof copy but that facility is not available.
When I cut and pasted the ad from word the last line did not paste but was this;

I will accept no less than £600 which is what I can exceed if I was selling it for parts.
 ;)
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2014, 15:35:19 »

can you send photos to info@sos-automotive.com
thanks

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2014, 15:42:24 »

Hi Mate,any service history please.Dean :y

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2014, 20:43:17 »

Are you getting another Omega Ray?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2014, 01:08:01 »

I will accept no less than £600 which is what I can exceed if I was selling it for parts.
 ;)

but is any car worth more than the sum of its parts?  ;) ;) ;)

(I do hope you get what you want because I reckon I'll have a very similar ad to compose soon for a 1999 T reg 3.0 Omega  ;))

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2014, 14:17:07 »

:D ;D :y
No buyers were forthcoming from Omega lovers so I placed it on Ebay and it sold in under 30 minutes for £600.00. No bidders, just a straight Buy it Now. The buyer has gained a car worth much more but I am not greedy. I have also gave the buyer all of the other bits and parts etc that I have gained from main dealers for it rather than to waste time selling them or breaking for parts a perfectly good, reliable and servicable car. Now just waiting for it to be collected.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Well pleased and next time I will go straight to Ebay 'cos this is a lesson well learned.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2014, 16:11:35 »

next time I will go straight to Ebay 'cos this is a lesson well learned.

You only had it listed on here for a couple of days or so to be fair. You can't compare OOF to eBay, the market and people accessing it is entirely different.

Folk should be grateful the OOF team allow members to advertise their cars on here at all IMO

I'd imagine eBay have fingered you for at least £10 listing fee and £30 final value fees.

Good luck with your new car :y

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 January 2014, 17:00:20 »

I have never indicated that I was ungrateful to the OOF sales page at all. Neither am I comparing OOF to Ebay. From where you gained that idea I cannot understand. All I do know is that I described the car fully and accurately and got some PM's that were seeking to pay as little as possible no matter what I had spent or what the car was actually worth. For instance some of the PM's I got, but others members have not seen, were the clear indication of what was to come. More very low offers so I did what any sensible person would do and expend my market place. As you rightly say, I now have ebay costs to pay (under £30.00) but that still puts me well in front of what I was asking here and what I would have probably dropped to for a quick sale. I had never any intention of letting it go for a few hundred so I have no problem with paying the Ebay fees.
It was sold from the buyer looking at the same pictures I had given out to those who had requested them.
I thank the pink one for putting me right on certain matters which could have cost me loads of wasted time and lost money.
I do intend to look for another mig in as top a condition as is possible but that is going to take time because I will not buy anything that is not genuine or fitted with anything other than genuine dealer parts. The migs, at least the top of the range ones such as the Elite are worth at least that consideration by the owner don't you think?
Thanx for wishing me good luck with the new motor, I have no doubt that it will suffice until another mig comes my way good enough for me to buy.   I will truly miss the one that is going  :'( but life goes on :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 January 2014, 17:25:05 »

:-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.