Chat Area > General Car Chat

Royale Coupe and MOT

(1/21) > >>

Steve Brookman:
Friend took it to his garage where he works-gave it a once over and it needs two bits of welding and a set of pads for the mot-booked in for the first week in Jan.
Better than I thought.

Other issues.

Will need a centre bearing and holder for the prop.

Speedo-the speedo is original Royale but the engine and box are Monza 3.0i-there is an electronic take off the box-any ideas on how to get a speedo working?

Heater not blowing hot or even luke warm-even when engine up to temp.

Gearbox rear seal leaking.

Strange feeling through the steering such as worn rubber mountings/bushes you can sometimes feel it through the wheel and hear it especially when on full lock-feels a bit similar to the front bush problems on mark 3 Granadas.

Any advice on the above would be more than welcome!

Regards

Steve

05omegav6:
Will it take a Monza cluster :-\

Heater might simply need flushing, but if that fails be a new matrix...

Otherwise, not a bad fail list given its age etc 8)

biggriffin:
Need the speedo drive, should ba a straight swap, lectric to mechanical.

Diamond Black Geezer:
Keith ABS is your man for both advice and parts,

As said, the Monza additions should make for some 'hybrid' electronics. Personally I think you've done fantastic if that's all that is needed for the MoT, great news  :)

Sorry those specific faults are a bit too in-depth for my Royale knowledge.  :( Theoretically, as said, you could get the cluster form a Monza, and 'hack it', to run on the Royale's instrumentation. I think the two binnacles for Royale and Monza are different shapes, givent he two shapes of dash, however, would be great if it was just a plug n play, effectively.

There'll be a product on the market, I'm sure to convert the 'modern' electrical signal to the 'old' worm drive/whatever it be on the Royale. Consider people with modern engines they've transplanted into old Mini Coopers with 60s Smiths gauges etc... they must do it somehow. It is doable, that I do know  :)

omegod:
Would a sat nav not suffice as a speedo for now? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version