Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't believe my luck, what a buy !  (Read 2714 times)

2boxerdogs

Can't believe my luck, what a buy !
« on: 30 March 2017, 13:56:06 »

The neighbours Merc is being delivered tomorrow, so she asked if I would like to take the Subaru Forester out for a spin before I hand any cash over, well I have known the car from new so I expected it to drive well it didn't disappoint.
It is absolutely mint 27,413 miles serviced & MOT last week including autobox fluid change, know it's been done properly because her  son was the sales executive at the dealership before moving onto their MB branch.Like a kid in a sweetshop, looking through all paperwork nothing missing includes original bill of sale, it's going to be a good weekend SWMBO will love this .😎

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Can't believe my luck, what a buy !
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2017, 14:29:03 »

Great cars. And it sounds like you've bagged the perfect example!

Enjoy!!  8)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2017, 14:47:42 »

Great cars. And it sounds like you've bagged the perfect example!

Enjoy!!  8)

Had a 1999 Forester from 2006-2011 the reason I bought it was I saw the neighbours in 2005 when they bought it new, mine had around 60,000 miles when I bought it and around 100,000 when I sold it but it never ever let me down & it had a very hard life.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2017, 15:12:33 »

A replacement for the Terror-can? Or just an addition to the fleet?

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2017, 15:59:35 »

Just an addition but the wife's Panda will be going it's too basic noisy & uncomfortable , she loves it but I refuse to go more than 20 miles in it, also she fell & broke her left wrist 3  weeks ago & mentioned an automatic would be better , I  always said to my neighbour I would like first offer if the opportunity arose, so just really lucky.The back seat has never been used & all the window security stickers are still in a sealed bag, as near to new as you could get.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2017, 16:52:09 »

I've always imagined they'd be great workhorses, but not the best looking car on the block. :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2017, 17:09:51 »

Just an addition but the wife's Panda will be going it's too basic noisy & uncomfortable , she loves it but I refuse to go more than 20 miles in it, also she fell & broke her left wrist 3  weeks ago & mentioned an automatic would be better , I  always said to my neighbour I would like first offer if the opportunity arose, so just really lucky.The back seat has never been used & all the window security stickers are still in a sealed bag, as near to new as you could get.

Sorry to hear about Mrs Tilbo. I hope she is feeling better as time moves on.

On a more positive note women tend to 'function' better in an auto. Gears and a clutch, and which gear to be in at the correct time, can often overload the smaller female brain.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2017, 17:12:55 »

I've always imagined they'd be great workhorses, but not the best looking car on the block. :)

You're exactly right terrific engineering but lack the look the "trendys" like  but will.suit our needs perfectly. The new version I don't like as much as the one I've bought.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2017, 17:17:27 »

Sorry to hear about Mrs Tilbo. I hope she is feeling better as time moves on.

On a more positive note women tend to 'function' better in an auto. Gears and a clutch, and which gear to be in at the correct time, can often overload the smaller female brain.

Thanks Doc, she is doing ok.cast comes off on the 20th April, joking apart she is actually a very good driver & has always preferred manual but she suggested auto & I went with it, I prefer auto myself as well.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2017, 18:28:29 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UJPjULCa9Q  :D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #10 on: 31 March 2017, 19:20:38 »

The B series Merc arrived as expected at 11.30 this morning very nice but too technical for me, I tried to help my old neighbour (she's 84) to sort some of the functions out on the on board computer but luckily her son is coming over tonight so told her he is probably a lot more computer wise than me.😋.  However the Subaru is a piece of piss, everything easy to understand & working perfectly, nice to have cruise control & a huge sun roof.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2017, 19:22:40 by Tilbo »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2017, 19:25:14 »

Good luck with your new purchase and I hope it serves you well.Hope your wife heals very soon :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2017, 19:29:27 »

Good luck with your new purchase and I hope it serves you well.Hope your wife heals very soon :y

Thanks buddy, I hope she does as well after nearly 43 years of marriage I'm having to iron my shirts 😁😂😂

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 March 2017, 19:49:06 »

Thanks buddy, I hope she does as well after nearly 43 years of marriage I'm having to iron my shirts 😁😂😂
[/highlight]

That is not the natural order of things. :)

Domestic chores are 'women's work'

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 March 2017, 20:17:54 »

Surely she's only broken one wrist? She's got two hands....I reckon she's swinging the lead a bit there ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.