Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear light wiring  (Read 1837 times)

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
Rear light wiring
« on: 15 August 2017, 19:43:07 »

I’m fitting my rear parking sensors tomorrow. Which coloured wire is the reverse light wire?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Rear light wiring
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2017, 20:12:08 »

White with black trace iirc... Same as Haynes diagram iirc :y

There's also a guide...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2017, 21:16:47 »

You could also tap into the towbar wiring socket- mine is connected to the actual towbar wiring near where they both pass through the floor. It took longer to route the wiring tidily than it did to fit the rest of the kit. £10 well spent, although I should have paid the extra for body coloured ones.

If you stick the display upside down to the top of the rear window, you can use it in the mirror. It means you don't have to run the wiring through the car, and more importantly, don't  have to look at the damn thing stuck to the dash.

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2017, 22:16:40 »

You could also tap into the towbar wiring socket- mine is connected to the actual towbar wiring near where they both pass through the floor. It took longer to route the wiring tidily than it did to fit the rest of the kit. £10 well spent, although I should have paid the extra for body coloured ones.

If you stick the display upside down to the top of the rear window, you can use it in the mirror. It means you don't have to run the wiring through the car, and more importantly, don't  have to look at the damn thing stuck to the dash.

That’s a good idea😀 the display I got is wireless. I’ll try it in both positions & see. It needs v12, But was going to plug it into the rear cigarette socket anyway.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2017, 22:47:53 »

That’s a good idea😀 the display I got is wireless. I’ll try it in both positions & see. It needs v12, But was going to plug it into the rear cigarette socket anyway.

Now a V12 Omega sounds interesting  ;D, but alas a V6 is as big as they went with a dabble in the V8 concept car  ;D. (sorry, couldn't resist it  :))

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2017, 23:02:14 »

Now a V12 Omega sounds interesting  ;D, but alas a V6 is as big as they went with a dabble in the V8 concept car  ;D. (sorry, couldn't resist it  :))

Wish they had over done a V12😀

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2017, 00:42:21 »

Which wire do I attach the earth too?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2017, 00:43:45 »

The body shell ::) or Br

There's actually a perfectly serviceable ground point at each rear light in the inner wing. Exactly where depends on saloon or estate, equally there's a dedicated towbar loom plug somewhere on the rear panel...

Removing the trim and familiarising yourself with the layout etc should be part of your prep work ;)
« Last Edit: 16 August 2017, 00:46:43 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.