Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We buy any car  (Read 1987 times)

STEMO

We buy any car
« on: 31 August 2017, 11:58:40 »

I, like a lot of people, buy a car and immediately put it into WBAC to satisfy our curiosity. I paid £8600 for my astra and WBAC offered £6500. About right for them. This price is guaranteed for seven days, and on each day counting down to day zero I got an email telling me the £6500 was guaranteed for 6.....5....4.....3......2..days. On day 6 I got one saying that the price of my astra had fallen but, being the honest, considerate chaps that they are, they would honour their offer of £6500, but be quick!
Today is day 7 and, shock of shocks, the price has actually gone up and they will give me £6745. Bunch of fickin chancers  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: We buy any car
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2017, 12:03:21 »

I, like a lot of people, buy a car and immediately put it into WBAC to satisfy our curiosity. I paid £8600 for my astra and WBAC offered £6500. About right for them. This price is guaranteed for seven days, and on each day counting down to day zero I got an email telling me the £6500 was guaranteed for 6.....5....4.....3......2..days. On day 6 I got one saying that the price of my astra had fallen but, being the honest, considerate chaps that they are, they would honour their offer of £6500, but be quick!
Today is day 7 and, shock of shocks, the price has actually gone up and they will give me £6745. Bunch of fickin chancers  ;D
[/highlight]

Yep...I have also noticed they do this.

Still getting used to the power of the new derv? :)

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2017, 12:28:18 »

[/highlight]

Yep...I have also noticed they do this.

Still getting used to the power of the new derv? :)
It's not something that's new to me, I've had a Honda and an Alfa in 3.2 V6 guise. I don't really drive it any differently to my old astra, but it's nice to be able to grow horns if someone pisses you off.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2017, 12:37:08 »

Yup, I put the M140i in the day after I bought it for around £32k, their offering £23,750  :o

I guess they just prey on the stupid, the desperate and the lazy.

So in fairness, rich pickings amongst the general population  ;D

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2017, 12:47:17 »

I advise mates to get a valuation in the months leading up to changing car, the values always go up after a few weeks
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2017, 12:49:12 »

To be fair, Parkers puts the trade-in price at even less than WBAC would pay, and that's basically what they give you.  There seems to be a mark up of between £1500 and £2000 for most dealers.

EDIT: At prices around £7-10K. I guess the mark up would be bigger further up the price range.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2017, 13:54:02 »

Apologies if I am telling this to the already knowledgeable, but to those who don't know.....
The reason why WBAC give very low values; very often below the 'trade figure', is that they are part of Haversham Holdings who are the parent company of British Car Auctions. The majority of cars bought by WBAC end up going through BCA in their UKCGR sales; the more prestigious brands are in their UKCGR 'Premium' sales. As the majority of cars sell at auction for trade prices or less, there has to be a degree of margin in it for them, or it is a pointless excercise for them, hence the low price offerings.
They also are an avenue for those wanting a quick sale, or those who fear they can't sell their car privately, but this obviously comes at a hefty price (loss).
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2017, 13:57:08 »

I paid £2022 for my Mondeo, WBAC have offered £1730 (before inspection) and the Cazana site in the other thread value it at £3693!  ::)

I suspect the truth is somewhere inbetween!  :)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2017, 00:35:48 »

apparently the price these companies state drops the moment you take the car to them and they inspect it.

frostbite

• Roanapur City aka Skem
    • 00' e46 325i se
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2017, 13:57:42 »

I wish I had known this, after the inspection of my beloved 99' C280 v6 they offered £200. I left them hanging and I bunged it through ashford auction house and got considerably more
e46 325i se - 1.8vvti avensis liftback

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2017, 14:15:10 »

I used we buy any bike for the sale of my BMW GS, I struggled to sell it via trader due to it's high-ish miles. (45k)

I got the valuation which I was happy with, when he turned up he did usual kicking of tyres, making the wrong sounds etc, so I expected a beat down on the price. But the guy offered me £350 more than email price! So I quickly accepted it, they transfered the money and took the bike.

I then received a call a week later, telling me they had over-payed the price quoted due to the collector reading the wrong line on his paper work. Apparently they had docked the guys wages by that amount, because it was his fault.  :o

They had the cheek to ask me if I would pay the £350 back! - I told them it was a process issue your side, did no one check it was the right amount before transferring? As he had to call the office to make the transfer, why was it not checked? Far as I was concerned we shock hands on the deal on the driveway and the deal was done.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2017, 10:54:33 »

I used we buy any bike for the sale of my BMW GS, I struggled to sell it via trader due to it's high-ish miles. (45k)

I got the valuation which I was happy with, when he turned up he did usual kicking of tyres, making the wrong sounds etc, so I expected a beat down on the price. But the guy offered me £350 more than email price! So I quickly accepted it, they transfered the money and took the bike.

I then received a call a week later, telling me they had over-payed the price quoted due to the collector reading the wrong line on his paper work. Apparently they had docked the guys wages by that amount, because it was his fault.  :o

They had the cheek to ask me if I would pay the £350 back! - I told them it was a process issue your side, did no one check it was the right amount before transferring? As he had to call the office to make the transfer, why was it not checked? Far as I was concerned we shock hands on the deal on the driveway and the deal was done.

Yes. That comes under the category 'f*ck em'. Their fault not yours. :y

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2017, 15:23:59 »

I was once curious to see what WBAC would give me for my old '94 L plate Astra F 1.4 LSi....

£60 was the valuation before inspection BUT £30 of that would be for 'administration purposes'.....

I sold it privately and got £100 more than I paid for it 7 years before .....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.