Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alternator will if fit ?  (Read 1809 times)

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
alternator will if fit ?
« on: 11 September 2017, 12:36:55 »

will Bosch 120 AMP ALTERNATOR 0124425028 fit 2.0i 16v mig as looking for a replacement as rear bearing gone on alternator and is lower than the engine sound is, it looks the same fitting but the connections on the back are in a different position. I cannot find a list of part numbers that fit engine code, need to find one asap as not driving at mo as it wakes every one up when start engine with its screeching.  :'(

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
Re: alternator will if fit ?
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2017, 13:11:45 »

think found it ALTERNATOR 0124425009 says it fits engine code as an upgrade.  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2017, 13:19:02 »

Post a "Wanted Ad" in the Test Zone and ask Admins to move it to "Car Parts, bits For Sale & Wanted" Section, more likely someone may have one kicking around.  ;)

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2017, 15:16:14 »

well replacement alternator come, was supposed to have a v5 fitted ( pulley )  but had a v4 fitted so changed that off mine, And now all working again and no sounds coming off this one, only thing was found a leak from the thermostat pipe and had to sort that out the vx clamp must of warn out not putting enough pressure on the hose as put normal jubilee one on and is fine now.  14 volts so all done.  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2017, 17:10:05 »

I can sense the Spring Clamp Purity League lynchmob forming, ready to hang you from the nearest lamppost.

With a jubilee clip ;D

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2017, 20:47:38 »

Well the jubilee is vauxhall GM lol 30mm one of the spares I keep in the boot  :y

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 September 2017, 01:24:28 »

Ive just been looking at the bearing fitted to the front of the alternator that i had fitted that is screeching, bearing fitted is nsk (china) 6303du. and has a max grease speed rating  11000rpm, so just been looking for a replacement as it would be nice to have a spare. Anyway did not like the price and thought what others are out there so just looked for the size 17x47x14 and found one I like the look of 6300 series, 6302rs  same size but there is a difference, Maximum Speed - Grease 16000 rpm skf india company. So order 1, not had a look at the size of the back bearing but will tomorrow. there is a little bit of a difference in rpm and also the sound of the bearing skf is low to none noise but don't have a sound info on china make, and the china one is not branded for any device, but skf is branded for alternators/generators/ high pressure pumps. so think this bearing will do the trick. Now just need to find my bearing puller  :y

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 September 2017, 02:05:28 »

decided to take the back off and regulator and bushes to look at the bearing number same make as front bearing and same rating on max speed. different number nsk 6202du, so replacing it with the same make i just order before but this number 6202 2RS size is 15x35x11mm same speed rating as front. should last a few more years,  :y new bushes not needed still has loads left on them, regulator has been replaced. so should be like new when its rebuilt  :y

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2017, 09:22:17 »

yeah most alternators were originally fitted with just a 'z' shielded bearing which is just a metal cover.the 'rs' versions are a rubber splash seal and cost a little more and last a lot longer. manufacturers arnt too bothered about this thou.your alternator will theoretically be better than new (bearing wise ) now. 

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2017, 11:42:55 »

All the Bosch alternators I have worked on had 2RS seal bearings as standard with decent quality SKF or FAG bearings fitted, I guess it is possible yours has been through a refurb house.

Either way, they are dead easy to rebuild and refurb with the bearings being the usual issue along with the regulator.  :y

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2017, 19:57:42 »

its a delco/delfie ( regulator and bushes are separate )i think thats it make, but had a problem removing the big bearing, removed the shaft and put it to one side and started to heat up the casing so can remove the bearing, as it was heating up it cracked around the bearing, thought could fix it after the bearing was removed but no it cracked again, there is bubbles in the aluminum, so removed the bearing and the rust on the bearing has eaten into the aluminum, so that's that, keeped the parts just in case. thanks for the info on bosch if thats the case i have one that needs new bearings and if they the same size can have a look at one of them, have an original 70amp and 100amp that both have damaged bearings.  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.