Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rear engine oil leak  (Read 1238 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
rear engine oil leak
« on: 07 October 2017, 15:52:42 »

I think I have an oil leak from the rear end of the engine. nothing too serious . there is no oil to be seen at the top, or the front of the engine which regions are clean . it appears to be from the rear. guessing its the rear crank seal ( I presume there is one ) which is more of a job to put right than its probably worth. wynns do an oil additive which claims to replenish seals. Any good ??.

ajsphead

• Intermediate Member
  • North Somerset
    • Omega 2.2 DTi estate
    • View Profile
Re: rear engine oil leak
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2017, 19:49:35 »

I have a matching leak, been there for ages, nothing very much. Probably is the rear crank oil seal so I'll sort it out as and when the clutch gives up. In the meantime it serves as light rust proofing which I'm OK with.

Don't trust any oil additives. Risk of compromising oilways and pump, coating things you don't want coated etc too great in my book.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2017, 22:18:24 »

I have a matching leak, been there for ages, nothing very much. Probably is the rear crank oil seal so I'll sort it out as and when the clutch gives up. In the meantime it serves as light rust proofing which I'm OK with.

Don't trust any oil additives. Risk of compromising oilways and pump, coating things you don't want coated etc too great in my book.
  sounds good advice . if I had decided to do it I would have probably do a clutch change too. the clutches in these seem almost indestructible so could have a long wait,

ajsphead

• Intermediate Member
  • North Somerset
    • Omega 2.2 DTi estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2017, 07:39:03 »

Also just remembered that part of the leak was coming from the oil filter housing gasket. Might be worth just checking that too. Clutches are pretty indestructible although I have once got it to slip post remap, very busy roundabout, fully loaded, 1st into 2nd gear bang on boost with a heavy foot. Never again though.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2017, 11:26:00 »

Also just remembered that part of the leak was coming from the oil filter housing gasket. Might be worth just checking that too. Clutches are pretty indestructible although I have once got it to slip post remap, very busy roundabout, fully loaded, 1st into 2nd gear bang on boost with a heavy foot. Never again though.
I have had mine remapped along with an egr delete, now no issues. regards the oil filter housing I once ordered from vx the gaskets for the oil cooler & the filter housing & had to buy them in packs of ten. he let me have them at cost so wasn't too bad. if you ever need them pm me & I will send you a set.  :y

ajsphead

• Intermediate Member
  • North Somerset
    • Omega 2.2 DTi estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2017, 07:19:47 »

Cheers, will make a note.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.