Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ABS membership fee.  (Read 3257 times)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
Re: ABS membership fee.
« Reply #15 on: 18 October 2017, 10:09:51 »

I also could not access the forum either, but they quite happily took my money. I emailed them many times and got no reply, except for one where it said I need to contact an admin - but never had a way to actually contact an admin without accessing the forum...?

Basically took my money and the piss at the same time....

Was a nice friendly bunch at Billing though, until the Lotus Carlton's turned up.....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 October 2017, 19:33:38 »

Basically if you walk into Halfords with some qualifying ID weather that be a florists business card or a payslip from Scania or heck even wearing some branded overalls you WILL get a trade card. - Yes a lot of it does come down to how you treat the staff - if you treat us with the contempt that a lot of people show on the internet your not going to get anywhere fast however if you talk to us like we are human and in most cases following the party line then you will invariably get what you want.

People really go out of there way to talk crap about places like Halfords and in some cases for very good reason - but you also have to remember that its just a job for 99.9% of the staff who work there and along with the targets enforced on us from above the last thing we need is someone twining in our ear about us charging £8.00 for a bulb fit.

Sorry for the rant!
I have no issues with Halfords stores. Quite the opposite. Yes, sometimes they frustrate me, and yes, sometimes they are overpriced, put you pays yet money, and takes yer choice.

Halfords Autocentres however, I put them worse than shitfit. A lot worse.
Grumpy old man

chrisio

• Penrith
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 October 2017, 21:12:43 »

Basically if you walk into Halfords with some qualifying ID weather that be a florists business card or a payslip from Scania or heck even wearing some branded overalls you WILL get a trade card. - Yes a lot of it does come down to how you treat the staff - if you treat us with the contempt that a lot of people show on the internet your not going to get anywhere fast however if you talk to us like we are human and in most cases following the party line then you will invariably get what you want.

People really go out of there way to talk crap about places like Halfords and in some cases for very good reason - but you also have to remember that its just a job for 99.9% of the staff who work there and along with the targets enforced on us from above the last thing we need is someone twining in our ear about us charging £8.00 for a bulb fit.

Sorry for the rant!
I have no issues with Halfords stores. Quite the opposite. Yes, sometimes they frustrate me, and yes, sometimes they are overpriced, put you pays yet money, and takes yer choice.

Halfords Autocentres however, I put them worse than shitfit. A lot worse.

I will 100% agree on the autocentres and I am still waiting on a call back with a date to have 4 tyres fitted 1 year later!

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 October 2017, 09:04:24 »

Have maintained my ABS membership for a few years now and pay by direct debit, good for Vauxhall TC when you want to buy genuine parts, also have Halfords TC had that for a few years also :y, as for accessing the ABS Forum had similar issues as others, but to be fair do not really go into the forum that much anyway.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 October 2017, 19:04:02 »

Do I notice some negativity towards ABS? ::) ::) :D :D

I would just say that I NEVER even try to access their Forum - OOF is enough for me!! - but the £25 annual membership fee I get back many, many times over in trade discount on parts, service, MOT's, repairs, in fact everything I purchase at my main dealers.  It also helps me to still have a Halfords Trade Card which saves even more. 8) 8) ;)
   I too have used abs card recently at Halfords a £24.99p got me a discount & I paid £21. 27p
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.