Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A new acquisition..  (Read 2350 times)

aaronjb

A new acquisition..
« on: 17 October 2017, 13:15:46 »

I know a few of you on here are dog lovers and owners, so I thought I'd share these - he joined us a little over a month ago and has more or less settled in with the cats (one cat gets on fine, the other one is still staying in her room when he's awake after having a little altercation with him!):

He's great for our weight .. we've gone from a couple of thousand steps a day to >10-12k every day of the week ;D

He sleeps, farts, sucks on his bed and occasionally barks - basically what you'd expect of a 9 year old Staffie cross  ;D (Oh yes and occasionally humps his bed...)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: A new acquisition..
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2017, 13:33:48 »

What a delight, Aaron; dogs always make me smile and are great for stress relief.
Also, you can always blame the dog if perchance you happen to fart!  :y

Ron.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2017, 13:56:33 »

Lovely.

That bed is pure luxury. Ours has four dotted around the house and one in the car. None seem to last very long. The one he likes the best has a moisture proof backing which he prefers to the soft fabric top. So it gets savaged as he turns it over or drags out of his kennel.

What is 10k steps in terms of time.?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2017, 14:01:01 »

Yeah, he's already destroyed a couple of beds - one didn't even last the day.. these have lasted at least a week so far ;D (Costco's finest, £25 a pop!)

He gets three 0.5-1hr walks a day; this time of year it's a 30minute walk in the morning with Louise before work, ~45minutes at lunchtime (I work from home) and an hour in the evening with the both of us.

Now we've finally managed to find a ball he'll chase and drop on command (tennis balls last 30 seconds but hard rubber ones he'll give up - anything squishy just gets chewed until he falls asleep!) he gets to run a lot more than we do on the walks ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2017, 14:05:17 »

Would never be without a dog , always had Boxers for almost 40 years now but always had a soft spot for Staffies. Great company & help keep you fit enjoy your walks.

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2017, 14:14:43 »

Boxers are lovely dogs - we do wonder if there is a little boxer in him as he is way too big to be just Staffie..

We're first time dog owners so we spent the first month with our lives revolving around the dog; after three hour long walks a day there was no time left for us to do anything else (beside eat breakfast, lunch and dinner). I think we're starting to get the hang of it a bit now and still be able to actually live our lives, go to the cinema on a Saturday, things like that..

He is great company, though.. asleep again right now, of course! ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2017, 14:24:12 »

Boxers are lovely dogs - we do wonder if there is a little boxer in him as he is way too big to be just Staffie..

We're first time dog owners so we spent the first month with our lives revolving around the dog; after three hour long walks a day there was no time left for us to do anything else (beside eat breakfast, lunch and dinner). I think we're starting to get the hang of it a bit now and still be able to actually live our lives, go to the cinema on a Saturday, things like that..

He is great company, though.. asleep again right now, of course! ;D

Certainly looks like a Boxer Staffie  cross to me.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2017, 15:19:56 »

I spend 24/7 with my dog. They are great company and fantastic listeners. I tell her all my troubles, she licks my face and all is right with the world again.

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2017, 15:25:06 »

Diesel doesn't do face licking..

..which I'm thankful for, as he has a penchant for eating cat poo!

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2017, 15:31:22 »

Where did he come from ?
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2017, 19:02:45 »

Must admit at first glance I thought "Boxer".Unfortunately since Maureen passed away  mine spends most of her time alone while I'm at work,so if go out anywhere on a Sunday[where she can't accompany me I end up feeling guilty for not spending my free time with her[she's a not very wrinkly Sha Pei] bought as a pup and now 7yrs old she still bounces about the place like a puppy.

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2017, 09:17:17 »

Where did he come from ?

The local rescue centre - he's now on his third home at least, as the last place he lived wasn't the place his chip was registered to (the rescue centre actually traced the last owners via Facebook, but they declined to have him back .. not sure why as he's an angel, but the rescue centre strongly implied they were "not the best kind of household" so..)

Their loss, our gain! :)

He's back on my office floor again, chewing his (apparently indestructible) 'chuckit' ball. If only we could teach him to give those up and not attack the launcher so we could actually chuck them! ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 October 2017, 12:23:05 »

Where did he come from ?

A mummy and daddy dog  :P  ;D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2017, 12:29:28 »

Nice mutt, but were you not temped by a friendly whippet like STMO's mutt.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 October 2017, 12:32:14 »

Looks like a boxer / staffie cross there Aaron  :y

As for the chewing, get a piece of thick rope   ;)
Much better then so called indestructible balls.
Also great for swinging him around on when out playing  :y

I don't know if your getting him insured but might be worth looking into  :)

I made that mistake with Gromit ( my German / Belgian cross )
In the last 3 weeks, i'm 700 quid out of pocket  :(
Poor bugger ended up with the dogs version of cauliflower ear and very nearly lost it  :'( :'(

Looking to send the wife back onto the streets to recuperate the money ...............  :D :D :D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.